Sunday, December 11, 2011

Letter to Spencer 11 Dec 2011


This was you last Christmas....and here they are THIS Christmas, only Ali has that ring on her finger...these pics will make more sense to you in a few days.

ONLY 14 days till we TALK ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited! 
Please let me know if you got your card and the Driver's License papers will you?
Do you have Burger King or Appleby's or Olive Garden in your area?
The weather here is nuts. NO SNOW...just freezing cold, and then today it wasn't even that cold..it got into the 40'S!!!! It doesn't look like there will be snow for Christmas either. Park City has enough for skiing, but Sundance barely has any. I would love to have some for Christmas. Are you warm? Do you know your plans for Christmas Day yet? What time are you going to call us? I think you should call us at 11 your time :) (Our sacrament mtg is at 9). You know I just want you to call us he second you can. I will be up and BE HERE whatever time you say :)
Work has been super busy and I am thankful. I wish I could find more Buyer's in the upper price ranges. The market is still flat there. I really wish I could sell Naumann's home. It's a catch 22 thing though...if I sell it then they leave the ward. argh. The Christmas Parties have begun as you have seen. This week Dad will have his work party up at the Nichols cabin, mine will just be at my office, I have the Activity Day girls coming for one on Thursday. JOSH COMES HOME ON THURSDAY!!! Dad and I leave for BOISE for his family party Friday...no one else is going with us so all will be home.
Dad just keeps doing his work thing and still figuring out what to do with no calling. He needs to get himself a book group or two and a Bunco group so he doesn't think I am gone all the time. So funny how the tables turn. I have to smile when I see him aggravated that I am off with OTHER friends again....and realize that I had to get over that with his church work years ago...I have happily made a lovely world and he will figure it out too. Wish I was rich enough to give him Jazz season tickets.
Megan's been having all kinds of get togethers with her friends...she made this white chocolate peppermint popcorn that will rock your world when you have it when you get home. It's a new must have tradition. She is going with the gang to British Colombia for New Year's.
Michael is at his PF CHANG's party tonight. They have to have it on Sunday since all the employees work the other 6 days of the week. Meg went with him...the rest of us are jealous.They are having outrageous food and prizes and doing a talent show--Michael is playing and singing Silent Night. He took your "baby" to play it on, but don't worry, Megan will make sure it doesn't get messed with.  He had his mission friend Scott's bachelor party here last night. Scott marries next Saturday in St. George. Michael is keeping his hair long and I like it so much. He just looks so relaxed....and happy. He is so dang handsome...when he smiles, and then his sparkling "let's play" eyes... I don't know how girls his age can keep away from him. What beautiful children I made...from scratch:)
Josh could use a few prayers...he is in the throws of finals. He has been in the library EVERY time I have called or texted him the last 2 weeks. He WILL have his 4.0. I love how he loves to study. He hasn't dated anyone since he's been back from Thanksgiving. Bets are good that he'll have a few "visits" when he's home. I wish I COULD CHOOSE for him. What am I saying? I want to choose for ALL OF YOU!!!! :) I'll try to leave enough money in my will for you all to have therapy over my control issues after I'm gone...until then I expect you to humor me:)
Sam took Kelsey to Salt Lake to the Temple Lights with a group of them on a date last night...even though Kelsey has a boyfriend (Jordan King's little brother)...I listened while he asked her ---he explained that it was a date and he knew she still had the boyfriend....there is a pause and then he says, Great...we are going to have such a good time! I just started laughing, and Sam winks at me with his little upward head shake that means "you know it". I am still a little baffled by their relationship. But whatever it is, it is simply pure and sweet.  I watched as she charged over from PG's side of the court to him at the Timp Basketball game Wednesday night. She throws herself at him in a full body hug and then rubs his beard with both her hands while shaking her head "no". Guess who shaved it today? He spoke in Sacrament meeting today so that could have been a reason as well. Sam is a gifted speaker. He just talks his heart to you. I guess I wouldn't really know if he is gifted since I am the Mom and I am convinced you are ALL freaking amazing and gifted and God's gift to all the world, especially MY WORLD. Anyway. I love it when people can speak their heart. He told how much he missed you and how proud he is that you would do something so hard. We all missed you AGAIN for the bazillionth time today.
I love you baby boy. I love WHO you are and HOW you are and all that you are BECOMING. Remember to just pour LOVE on everyone and everything. I love you more every time, everyday when I get in the hot tub and think about you, pray for you and send my happiest energy towards you. Everyday I visualize walking into your apartment, hugging the guts out of you and kissing you all over like crazy and ending with a zerbet on your neck....then I tell you something to make you laugh so I can see your eyes twinkle, I tell you I love you, wrap a protective white blanket around you, call my Mom to take over from there, and then I breath you in deep into my chest and exhale slowly releasing you to the world. Every day. It comforts me. And oddly, sometimes I feel like I am really there. I LOVE ME SOME MONDAY'S!!!!!!!  I'll be waiting!!!!
Your Momma
XXXOOOOXOXOXOXOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments: