Monday, December 19, 2011

A life moment in the middle of my day.

Today I had one of those experiences that just makes you stop and think about WHO you really are and HOW I want to be spoken of by others. The kind of speaking that can't be faked...you have to earn that genuine kind of admiration.
I am working on a tricky large home transaction...and am looking for a wealthy CASH investor who has the stomach to take on such a large proposition with all it's details in THIS market. I was given the name of Ty Mattingly by an attorney. Each time this man's name was mentioned to different parties I would get these raving, glowing reviews of what an amazing person he is... this man has built a fortress of goodness around himself just by being his true self.
I am pleased to report that after speaking with him that he is REAL. He is soft and direct and calm and thoughtful and honest. He will probably not be the investor we are looking for...and the lovely part is, he didn't even try to pretend that he would be, or get upset for my disrupting his day. My 48 year oldness is making me aware of MY humanity.  Just thinking I hope the day comes when I grow up to be like him....and to think I'd never known of him before today. Ty Mattingly, thanks for the example of HOW to be that was shared with me by total strangers in your behalf. Well done.

No comments: