Sunday, July 12, 2009

This week at the Harris'

Edgington's took us to their dear friends house who just built this INCREdIbLE pool and pool house--Stacy knows my pool dream and yeah...she got it right...this was my favorite I've ever seen at a private residence...kind of gave me a buzz that someone actually has this haven in their OWN back yard....

Wanted you to see the BEE BALM blooming...it looks gorgeous over on the side...makes you want to walk up the side of the house a couple of times a day.

Then you'll see HANDSOME Spencer at day 2 of this weeks golf tourney















I'm getting old lady skin. It just happend all of the sudden. I looked down at my arm at Spencer's golf tournament to make sure I didn't need more sun screen when I noticed it. Okay, that's kind of a lie. I've been noticing the eye wrinkles for a bit...but my WHOLE BODY? THen I checked out my legs...and sure enough. It's there. Old lady skin. The irony is old lady skin with 2 honkin' zits on my chin. ?? Kinda bugged about it. Not that there's much to do. Just thought i'd be older....like 55 or 60 or something like that.

I'm laying out on one of the back swings. It's probably 94-95 degrees, but i am in the shade and there is a slight breeze so it's PERFECT. The sky is SO blue and there is barely a cloud to be seen. I LOVE our yard. I LOVE outside. All the work has come to this glorious moment---every flower, bush, tree, garden plant..they all seem to just be loving me back and thriving on the long awaited sunshine. How cool is it that I can lay on this swing in the middle of it all and type here and it works? We live in such an amazing time.

Yesterday was Michelle and her brother Matt's first time through the temple. Such a sweet day and I felt so loved and honored to be invited. no doubt she was sent here to be my friend.
Spencer spoke in church today about Service...he mentioned you Josh. I'll try to get a copy and post it here.

Spencer played in another UJGA tournament this week. I got to go with him to both of them. The first day was at the WINGPOINT course out right next to the airport. It was so fascinating to watch all the planes come in and go out...I hadn't done that since I was a teenager. I just hadn't thought much about the runnings of an airport. At one point we could see 10-11 United planes all in a line ready to take off. Then there was the rush of FED EX and Postal planes...hard to believe that THAT many people would be getting packages around here...but surely they must! No other parents were there so I got to walk the 18 holes alone and it was sweet.
Yesterday was my Dad and Graham's birthday. Pretty darn grateful to have that boy still with us!!!

Friday I did something to my hip. I am totally freaked out about it. I needed another 15 miler this week to stay on track for my marathon. So glad I have so many miles on my legs that it won't mess me up...but I am a bit worried that it is Sunday and it is still stabbing. I get in to the dr. on Tuesday.

We had Sander's, Sandbergs and Stone's over for cards on Friday. Josh, you would have loved to smell Morgan...only 2 weeks old SO TINY!!! Tracy let me give her a bath and I was in HEAVEN!!! And she had THE CUTEST little all cotton sleeper...you KNOW how I LOVE to dress my babies in soft soft stuff. oh man...wanted working parts again there for a minute!

I have raised slobs. I get the house all clean and then THEY hit the door and in less than 5 minutes my house is covered with STUFF. New dish chart went up today. Just get tired of asking to have stuff put away...seems like the older they get the worse job I did in that department.

We went to dinner with the Edgington's on Wednesday night....yes, MIDWEEK...I know...we ARE getting old...closer and closer to empty nesters. They are as dear and wonderful as ever and we love their guts!!! They asked all about you Josh. Mallory will be heading back to BYUI in the fall but is home working at Pinnacle for the summer--Hailey is too.Mckenzie and husband bought a home in Cedar Hills, Barrett is working for NBC in New York, and Landon is working security system sales in Michigan i think. We went to GOODWOOD and I couldn't help but think of you and our last out to dinner there before you left.
I love ya Buddy. I love you more than chilled watermelon heart, I love you more than HOT chocolate chip PIZOOKIES, I love you more than a run in Canada down the old farm roads, I love you more than an hour long massage...I love you MORE and MORE....
THANKS for my letter last week!!!

2 comments:

Natalie Harris said...

Looking at the 3rd picture, with Josh and the convert all in white and with bare feet, I'm reminded of the scripture: "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet [those huge missionary feet] of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; … that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" (Isaiah 52:7)

Natalie Harris said...

How did someone else make that post in MY NAME???? Was it because I was editing? Please let me know WHO left it...