Sunday, July 26, 2009

Letter to Josh 26 July 2009

Hey YOU!!! Thought you might like to see Sam catching some air...he has a ton of pictures from the Flaming Gorge trip but I am having problems getting them to save from the CD...will keep working on it. Threw in this pic of the Bishop and family out on their family walk...and then the Paver patio we've been working on at the Beans...LOVE it!!
Somehow I went to the funeral and ended up without a single picture...I will get some from Aunt Kathy and get you caught up next week. The funeral was sweet, his boys and Uncle Gord made the casket and had a fly rod attached to the side--buried him in his fly fishing vest. But it was also a lesson that divorce is hard and messy on kids in death as well as in life. The trip was short but fun to catch up with everyone. We will go back for Kayla's wedding in September.
Wednesday night we went to Dad's cousin Mack's home and Uncle Gord and Uncle Ted were both there. They started telling stories of their childhood in South Dakota. So hard to believe that in one generation life could be so different today from when they were young. Grandma Harris had 14 children in 19 years. We were thinking how odd that YOUR GrandDad Harris is the only one to have Alzheimer's...and both brother's got choked up and said that they think it was because when he was a baby, the next baby came along 9 months later---and he HAD to be weaned...so the new baby could nurse. And not only was there not any milk for YEARS, OFTEN they went without food. I guess GrandDad had rickets and lots of broken bones as a child due to such poor nutrition. They think the poor nutrition is part of the whole Alzheimer's deal.Breaks your heart. I realize that even in the world today there exist the poor and hungry...especially in other nations, but its always more than my heart wants to think about. We are SO BLESSED.

How is the language coming? Anything you want me to send with the Peanut M&M's?

Megan took another job teaching floral design at Lone Peak.Her current job allows her the 2 periods off and then she will head back after she teaches. She seems pretty excited. Michael just spent the weekend in St. George with Richard Bean, Lou, Abbey and Abby's cousin Amy--they had a blast. The house they stayed at had a pool and they hiked the narrows and even went to Vegas for a night. Spencer golfed a 76 at his Soldier Hollow tournament last Wednesday. He's working quite a bit at the golf course. Sam is Mr. Social STILL and ALWAYS. Dad's doing his Dad things. Now that we have a three year pool plan I feel more motivated to work harder. Some fun things came up this past week and I'm excited to make some/ALL of them happen :) Working in Primary is as fun as ever...today I got to hold Jaisha and Jeremy Kirby's little 4 month old ANGEL during sharing time and I was in heaven. She was all smiles and coos. I bet you miss the kids... They called Debbie Johnson to be the new RS President. Now we are all fighting over Dianna O. ..no question she would be BEST with US!!! She bore a tender testimony in parting her calling in Sacrament---ALMOST made me think I might be able to like Relief Society more someday...ALMOST.
I love you Buddy. I love who you are and all that you do. I love that you belong to ME!!! Dream about me...meet me at your current chapel and give a tour of the inside and all the people who love you there...I'll be waiting...and rules or no...i'm going to HUG YOU HARD and COVER YOU IN KISSES!!!!!
Mom XXXOOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX



No comments: