Sunday, July 19, 2009

Letter to Josh 19 July 2009





Lovey, I LOVE YOU!!! Sure had you on my mind this week. It all started with buying you the big bags of M &M's....and it seems I've seen Peanut m&m's everywhere after that :)
Been a busy week. Brother Vella died--I can't remember if I told you that his past winter he fell and slipped on the ice and he already had arthritis in his neck so badly that it broke and he became a quadrilpeligic. Sad. He got an infection that was just too hard to fight in that condition and it took him home on Thursday. Then yesterday Dad's Uncle Roger (Wade and Todd's Dad) died from his cancer. I will be taking lunch in for 22 to Vela's tomorrow and Dad and I will leave Tuesday for Uncle Roger's funeral. Uncle Kelly will be flying is so we are happy to get to see him, and we haven't seen Todd for years.

Sam is FINALLY home and loved his Flaming Gorge trip. He sunburned his lips pretty bad. Other than that he looks super tan. One of his leaders is going to e-mail me pics of the trip so I should have some here for you next week.

Spencer plays in a big tournament on Wednesday up at Soldier's Hollow and now I will miss it due to the funeral. He's out having his weekly Sunday night FIRE. It just flared up past the swings so I'm pretty sure gas is involved in the starting. He has such great friends. I love that they want to be here.

Michael took Kristin Muirhead to the FRAY concert last night and Richard B took Louise...Megan had "PROM" here --I'll put up some pictures...I ran 15 yesterday so I was beat and went to bed about 10:30, but there were about 35 kids here then...it looked great and so did they--i was surprised that so many would get so dressed up...a few tuxes even!! She is such a party animal. Everyone dressed up except for this one guy Mike..but he was so fun and energetic it didn't matter. They had a back drop for pictures, a PROM King and Queen, favors, yummy little pink cupcakes and brownies, my favorite where the twinkle lights-always been a sucker for anything that looks romantic...I got to dance to Thriller...Dad of course stayed far away...

Marta broke her ARM...darn woman!!! Since the divorce she has broken 2 arms, a wrist, her back, her ankle...I should get a list from her...we laugh, but it's NOT funny. I was on the phone with a client when she walks in in her biking gear. I hold up my finger so she knows I need a minute and she doesn't say a word. Then, after a few minutes I hang up and she says sheepishly..."Can you take me to the hospital?" She will have ORtho check it tomorrow to see if she needs surgery. So many days I need a magic wand to make things all better. Her new car is stick shift and she broke her right arm so that is going to be interesting.

After my run yesterday I went to swim off the lactic acid in Berret's pool...just reminding one and all that I still LOVE a pool. Dad has committed to a three year plan...so NO LATER than 2012 the dig will begin!!! While I was there I missed seeing Raquel but couldn't help think about how DARLING she is...she's at Utah State! :) Can't help myself...whoever you're going to marry is out there somewhere and dang it, I am ready for some more daughters...ok, I know, YOU know...I am ready for some Grandbabies...not the typical thing a mom would write a missionary.
The Oates came for dinner tonight and their 3 year old Sarah is CHARMING...I NEED ONE OF HER IN MY HOUSE...

Chickens still aren't laying yet. They LOOK full grown...just waiting for those hormones to produce. You won't believe the mark on the lawn the plastic left on the hill after slip and slidding here at Wacky Wednesday... and I am the one who did it!!!! I only had it on there for about 4 hours MAx...I am wondering if the clear plastic with the water on it acted kind of like a magnifying glass...that grass is just plain ole BURNT. I hope it will recover soon. Just in time for all to see it at Megan's PROM.

When we were in Logan Preston taught me how to grill this GOTTA HAVE ME SOME tri tip steak...so we had it for dinner tonight. I will pass it on to you when you get home...will be a woman attractor. SO YUMMY! This is one of my favorite eating seasons...cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, pineapple, yellow squash, zuchinni, peppers...so much yummy stuff coming from the garden. The tomatoes should be on soon. Do you get cantaloupe and watermelon there?

The boys almost cried today as Tom Watson lost the Brisith Open...and even weirder still...TIGER didn't even make the cut!!! These boys and their golf!!!

Many times a day I wonder who you are with and what you are eating and how you are feeling. I pray alot for you in the mornings hoping your tummy will give you peace. I pray that the language will slide into your brain and easily become apart of you...like magic. I'm going to get me one of them magic wands. I have thought about a magic wand. The Savior's miracles seemed like he had one. What power to be able heal people instantly. My MIND says --but hey, what important lessons would people miss if I or anyone went around just healing everybody all the time...but then my heart says...yea..how COOL to have that kind of LOVE and HOPE EVERYWHERE--what new lessons could THEN be opened up to us??? And there ARE those around us who have had those healings...I wanna talk to them more and see what it is they are learning!! I'm still just so natural man, wonder how many lives it will take to get me that wand??

I know they say you only get "points" in heaven for how much other people love YOU, not for how much you love others. But THEY aren't always right and I still don't know who THEY are anyway...but lovey...no matter what else happens in this life...I GOT YOU!!! YOU BELONG to ME!!! And magic wand or not, YOU make it all worth the coming. LOVE YOU. Lots. AND LOTS.
Meet me in my dreams at Salem Pond in the canoes...we'll feed the ducks, have a sponge war and make homemade ice cream....
XXXOOOOXXXOOOOXXXOOOO
Your Momma

No comments: