Friday, August 13, 2010

JaLee turns 50!!!!

It's even weird to WRITE that she turned 50. It wasn't weird for me when Don did...but somehow weird when JaLee does. I remember when we were in our 30's forcasting to now--and believe me, it is NOTHING like I thought it would be! I still feel EXACTLY the same. Other than my darn kids growing up and LEAVING and feeling GREAT about it.
We met Shayne and Jalee up Brighton Canyon for dinner at the Silver Fork Lodge (totally YUM) and these Moose just strolled into the back of the restaurant. One of the workers who has worked there 3 1/2 years said he had NEVER seen that happen before--HAPPY BIRTHDAY JALEE!!! We went to Shayne's folks cabin for the night and LOVED just being "us". There are times when there is nothing sweeter than a 30 year + history with someone...WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE OUR FRIENDS CLARKE'S!!!! We went to church at the tiny Brighton Chapel. The speakers were the girls that had been working up there all summer at the Church's Beehive Camp (I never knew it existed---makes you wonder WHY they get one and we don't?)...anyway...the girls were so dang impressive I wanted ALL of their numbers for you boys...they were BEAUTIFUL too!!! One of my favorite parts was that they sang two songs with the guitar:) Yep, IN SACRAMENT mtg!!! Gotta LOVE THAT!!!
I brought up some simple lunch. The Wood's who have been General Authorities came to join us. Just as we sat down, ADORABLE Sister Wood raises her glass and says...lets make a toast (my love for her was sealed right then) then she goes on to say that that very day was their 55th wedding anniversary!! We asked her for advice and she was tickled to give it. She said "FORGIVE each other. Alot of "Stuff" just happens. Forgive each other". It has given me pause ever since. It was a sweet and never to be forgotten afternoon...and I got to sleep all the way home:)

1 comment:

susette said...

What a small world! Shayne is my son's falconry friend. He has taught him a lot about birds and Jordan, my son, is now training his own Harris Hawk.