Sunday, August 29, 2010

Offically going to AFRICA

It's written is PERMANENT Sharpie marker, the tickets are bought, those being left behind (Megan Michael and Sam) are sad (someone has to stay at home and get all the celebrating stuff ready right?)...and yes, I AM GOING. Thank you Don for not pressuring me too much and allowing me to decide for myself. If Josh had not been the reward at the other end there is NO WAY in heck I would have gone. But lets just say this is a testimony to HOW MUCH I MISS HIM and how much I might have been tormented knowing that his DAD and Spencer were with him while I was at home "WAITING". Nope couldn't do it. I would have wondered about exactly what it was like for him...I know I'll NEVER know that, but this will give me a better understanding of his 2 years of sacrifice. Surprising what a mother's longing will get her to do. May Africa send its grace and love into my heart as I go seeking. Just thinking I probably shouldn't have read a few of the books I read....
Also I keep thinking of my 5th great grandfather Frances Moran who likes to visit me in my dreams...who owned a fleet of ships and thought NOTHING of sailing to the West Indies and Brazil again and again from his NY home....and his immigration to the states from Ireland. That was around 1817...I am awe struck at how much I have been able to travel internationally in my life, and how much he did in his....life is so interesting. Africa, here I come.

No comments: