Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Letter to Spencer 5 July 2011

part of the fam...
Breakfast....
Aunt Trish, Jeanette, Pam, Cheryl, GrandDad and Dad.
Up at Gardner's Village...me munching on Chewy praline Fudge from the fudge shop....

Hey Lovey....
I searched the Stadium of Fire audience like crazy for like a half hour and asked several of the HELP if the missionaries might be coming--some years they have had them go...but nope. I was SAD. I am sure you HEARD the program...I hope they let you see some of the fireworks from the lawn. Brad Paisley was great and the fireworks AMAZING. It was fun to have us all there together...but OF COURSE we were missing you.
Most of the family left on Sunday. Grand mom, Leonard and Cathy are leaving this morning. We have all eaten enough to sink a large ship.
Josh had to work until 10 last night and his pool party didn't START until 10...we were thinking if would be okay since it was the 4th if he went until midnight...but it was too noisy for the neighbors. We have GOT to figure out some kind of sound barrier.
We had a micro burst of wind a few times this past week and it fell the top of one of the Allphin's trees into our yard and split our Globe willow up on the hill by the sandbox down the middle. It is still holding on, but another wind and it will be a goner...I am going to see if Ron T. can't bolt it together or something...I WILL BE SO SAD if we can't save it...Dad already cut some of the major limbs to relieve pressure from the crack.
Russell Allphin got his mission call to SALTA ARGENTINA..that was in Dad's mission. Russell is stoked.
Michael has a new job doing electrical stuff...had to meet a ride at 4:30 this morning to work in Wyoming for a few days. He is excited for the new skills. The clutch on his car went out and he is bummed.
Megan and Kylie have pretty much been non stop playing since school got out.
Josh is working ALOT.
Sam spent the night downtown Provo "awaiting" the parade, then came home by 7am :) He and London had a blast. Yesterday was Paloma's birthday so they had some celebratory things for that. I LOVED being with him at Sleepy Ridge last week for the tournament. He shot 79 the first day and 78 the second and JUST barely missed the cut for being able to golf RIverside...he was sad...he still has NEVER golfed Riverside. I'm going to see if I can't find a colleague who could get him in for 9 ...hopefully 18.
When they leave this morning the MAN CAVE officially goes back to the MAN CAVE. Sam is WAITING!!!
Your last week in the MTC!!!!!! I am happy that you will be free of the rigorous training, but I really like knowing that you are just 15 minutes away. I bet it was hard to see the rest of your District leave yesterday. Is your companion still with you or do you have a new one for this last week? Are you still loving him as much or has 24 hours a day for 9 weeks put a strain on things? I don't know how it couldn't! I know you can't tell me your flight plans. But believe me...we will ALL be thinking of you the WHOLE DAY next Monday. It is Grand Dad Broadhurst's birthday that day. Am I right that you get to call us from the airport? PLEASE SAY YES!!!
The ties and more pics WILL get there before you leave...is there ANYTHING else? And if you have too much stuff...you can leave things for Scott to bring back to us...hopefully he will be stopping by to pick things up from you if you need it Sunday night...that is the plan for the moment.Just let him know if there is anything you need me to send on to South Carolina.
I have been watching the weather in South Carolina...and it is HOT...I'll be praying for you.
I'm eager to hear what you think of the bike, the food, the people, the church, the EVERYTHING.
Like I said before, it will be difficult for me not to reroute my trip home through South Carolina.

The family is all good. Leonard uses his walker now all the time--he will be 90 soon so that is expected. Ron is still magical on the guitar. Cherie is still beautiful and has modeling jobs. Addison is ADORABLE!!! Kayla wasn't suppose to be coming, but they surprised me and came...she is THE GOOSHIEST baby ever...barely a peep out of her, but lots of smiles. Amber never made it down the slide, but will in years to come...too overwhelming for her--but most everyone else did! I didn't know it, but Grand Mom Harris/Ground can't swim, and she made it to the deep end on noodles before leaving. Kelly is actually mentioning the MARRIAGE word about this girl he met just 2 months ago...she must be SOMETHING because he is SMITTEN, and we are all excited for him. She has never been married before either--she is 34 and he is 47. She works for 6 Flags in Baltimore over their promotions or something. She didn't come because its her busy time of the year. But maybe a wedding in the near futu
re! Grand Dad Harris is sweet and mostly quiet with his Alzheimer's. He did get in the pool one day. Ellen is such a caring spouse. Watching her tend to him gives us all a lesson in love.

Sam is getting his Harry Potter tickets for the midnight showing today...maybe your Mission President will be freaking cool and rent out a theater for all of you to go? Although being a brand new mission president that might be too big a move to anticipate. The mission president who just left is Marci Allphin's Uncle/cousin? And will be at her home for a family reunion this week.

Laikyn got baptized last Saturday--GrandDad Broadhurst baptized her--but we couldn't go up with all this family here. I was so sad to miss it.
All the Logan family are still wonderful...just wishing they were closer.
Don't forget Michael's birthday is the 13th.
Keep praying for Megs and her job--she still hasn't heard back from the Provo School District but should this week.

I love you Buddy. You'd be proud. I haven't driven by the MTC once...NOT EVEN ONCE...cuz this time I'm pretty sure I'd just GO ON IN...
I LOVE YOU!!!! I MISS YOU!!!! I'm PRAYING FOR YOU!!!
HOPING TO HEAR YOUR VOICE on MONDAY!!! Hope you like the package today!!! Hope the cupcakes were ones you liked. Hope you got to see the video's Michael made for you on his camera!! I thought that was a GREAT IDEA!! We'll do the same here and just send you a card.
SHINE ON!!! Take pictures...
LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!!!
Mom xxxoooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: