Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spencer Letter to Family – July 7, 2011 – from the MTC

Hey so i got them to let me log in, so this week has been weird. Our district of thirteen has gone to four and it kinda seems like we are just one big companionship now. But it’s good at the same time we get more one on one time and I’m learning a lot, it’s ridiculous.

Had my last physical therapy visit this week and im cleared to go to the field! So I’m pumped. I cannot believe that Terrance got called to my mission!!!! I’m so pumped and excited i know i will get to see him maybe even live with him cuz they try to pair us with English Elders in the same areas so we can get more referrals for each other, and I will be speaking and teaching in both languages, the old mission pres paired some English speaking missionaries with the Spanish-speaking Elders but the new one says he probably won’t, and I agree you’re not as effective if your teaching alone two testaments is always stronger than one......... hence why we have the Book of Mormon and the Bible - duh. Ye shall go out and preach my word in twos or threes.

Have I said how pumped i am to get out of here and teach some real people, seriously I already love the people of South Carolina and am so excited to bring them into the light and love of Christ!!!! So I will probably have to send my blanket back home but that’s it and i will probably buy a lighter one when I’m there or figure somethin out.

SAM go to EFY you bum! Seriously, its awesome. Take Paul, Brandon, or somebody fun to party with. Even better - take Perkins. Convince him to go. Seriously - please take him. You could take London but he already has a lady so it’s not as fun but he would still be sick to take.

Meg be confidant and faithful that the lord will bless you with a full time job, but you have to do all you can do or hes not going to bless you, so be aggressive and faithful. I know that if you do all you know how to do to get a teaching job, fast and pray that the lord will bless you with what you need. might want to try this with a hubby as well, you and Ky need to hang with boys and ask them on dates if you have to just do all you can all the time with faith and you will have success and happiness.

Mom sorry you had that dream cuz even though I want to get my back scratched more then you can possibly believe I’m not coming home anytime soon, I’m homesick everyday but i know I’m where I’m supposed to be and the lord needs me and my faith to bring the souls of South Carolina unto Christ and his salvation and love. Please pray that the souls of South Carolina will be prepared for the light of Christ and that they may remember what they have forgotten when they feel his love.

Mom thank you for teaching me to love, i know no one who has more light of Christ in their countenance then you do, teaching me to love everyone and love with such care and ferocity, this is the most important skill for me and for anyone to have in their life, love leads to love and being loved is happiness. I love you mom thanks for being the best mom ever seriously you are better than Mary the mother of Christ, cuz you didn’t have perfect kids. Haha.

BAM play golf more k for me wake up early, volunteer practice play, and practice your weaknesses that they may become strengths. You can play college, you can play pro you just have to work hard do all you can do and god will do the rest just have faith and confidence that you will succeed through the love and help of God.

I don’t know why but i would like to bear my testimony of obedience, faith, and hard work. Obedience is the first law of heaven for a reason, with obedience God is bound to bless you but obedience without hard work is not obedience. Obedience and working hard without faith will get you nowhere. But if you have all three then you can perform miracles. Stay humble but faithful (confident) be obedient and work hard and the blessings of heaven shall rain down upon you. I love you family and think about you in everything I do. Be obedient, work hard and have faith. I know the Lord Our God loves you and me, all we have to do is follow Him in faith and we WILL be happy I know this without a shadow of a doubt. I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, your son, and brother, and servant

Elder Harris

No comments: