Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lovey...I am SO in the humidity with you!!! I feel like I am melting away but all the chunk is still here. The smell of it is nostalgic. The feel of it fills me with gratitude for air conditioning and reminds me of the teen age years trying to stay "dry" and lovely for dates in that unaircomditioned house.
I met 8 missionaries today between the 2 chapels and one was from PG and knew you in High School...wish I could remember his name. Its been such an emotional day...I just keep crying so unexpectedly...met the missionaries and cried cuz I missed you and hoped that someone was loving on YOU. I saw the Coke Bottling plant and cried? NO idea why. I saw a baby armadillo run across the road, I cried with this deep regret that none of you have even seen one. I saw so many people who have loved me and me them, and I cried. I tried so hard to find the first home I remember in Gainesville and so many thoughts of my Mom. All the people I came to see and hoped to see seemed so old. It was a little jolting. There of course were exceptions of a few who looked exactly the same and made me wish my skin had had the luxury of the humidity. I feel old and 18 all at the same time. I feel like I am on holy ground and want to take my shoe off.
There was a rain storm this afternoon and the lightening was incredible.
My friend Hiedi drove me all over town so I could just "look". Being with her was a time warp and I was sure I was still 18. We laugh at the same things...we STILL think the same. Friendship is one of the sweetest gifts life gives us.
Tomorrow I head early early to Melrose so I can run there. I've decided against the swim across the bay...I guess the gators are ACTIVE with the heat and I am a wuss. This hotel is SO NICE. I am loving having the TV clicker to myself. I leave Tuesday for the beach...I will so b thinking of you there as I walk the beach and drink the sun.
Sam leaves for EFY tomorrow, Dad and Megs will be home alone all week. I expect Meg will be having a few parties. Perkins was playing with Sam's driver and it broke...I don't know who was more sad, Sam or Perk. He'll get fitted for another soon if he didn't already on Saturday.
I love you Buddy. I AM an understanding Mom...BUT IF YOU KEEP SENDING LETTERS TO OUR HOUSE TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN ME I AM COMING TO SOUTH CAROLINA. Now, of course I don't mind distributing the letters...I MIND NOT GETTING ONE OF MY OWN!!! Please be sure to anwser whether of not you can read this blog.
Love you. MISS YOU! Abiding the heat with you and sending all angels to surround you and keep you safe and happy and filled with love.
Mom

No comments: