Tuesday, August 9, 2011

CRESENT BEACH ....Heaven

Jane was SO darling...she had this shirt hanging to mark "the" condo!
Kathi, Jana, Me, Catherine, Jeff, Karen and Bill...
Sara and Rubin -below-(his son Jonah) joined us, as well as Sam . You can see by the end of the 3rd day my skin cancer troubles had laid hold in my head and I was the "sheik"...how glorious not to care WHAT you look like, more glorious to be with those who loved you JUST the way you are...and could you ever really get TOO MUCH SUN???---Not in MY world--new rule on that one. The beach breeze is deceiving, and the humidity isn't felt nearly so much as you lounge and talk and bond....I'm proud of myself that I didn't get burned!
Jonah just may be the greatest kid on the planet...he was SO content to frolic in the water and rarely asked for a thing...and let his Dad enchant us with his life details and life philosophy. Thank you Jonah.
You see this? THIS, this is one of the FEW times I got up after being settled "in" for the day. We only moved to go to the bathroom, to move back with the tide, and if we got the short stick to go and refill the cooler--which I was never asked to do since it mostly carried adult beverages :) ....I wanted a visual to remember where we recemeted our friendship and life allegiance to each other's well being and care--where we remembered why we liked each other so much in the first place, where gratitude overwhelmed us for the beauty of the earth and a life plan that gave us each other as commrades on our journey.
Where the converstations continued....Jane's condo at Cresent House.
Steve Spurrier's Beach house with the gall to fly his newly aquired South Carolina flag....
Welcome to my mornings....God gave ME the whole beach for my runs!!! And my play lists were freaking AMAZING...The Zach Brown Band, Rascal Flatt's, Michael Jackson, James Taylor, the Doobie Brothers, Dan Fogelberg....This is JOY!! Absolute JOY! Here I LOVE MY BODY! I LVOE ME!!! On the beach I can go forever it seems...the very air is easier to breath, the firm wet sand easier to bounce off...just propelling me eternally forward. I have to MAKE myself stop. Somehow, I put on my shoes and enter the "other" universe...where there are no words for the freedom of the weight of the world...there is NO PLACE for that weight...it is set aside. Where there is just me and the LOVE I allow in. JOY, I tell you. JOY!!!!!
See...I WAS HERE!!!!
You know my angel's leaving money and feather's? well...1st morning out there was a QUARTER on the sand! This last morning out was my white feather.....I LOVE being loved!
Really, like WHO AM I that I get this kind of a morning, in this kind of a place, with these kind of people???? I am filled to bursting...and now I have these pictures for when the memories and feelings fade....
This was the "gate" I had to pass through to get on the beach from the condo...my "portal"...it FELT extremely symbolic EVERY TIME I passed through. It had a combination code (Aren't I always LOOKING for the code to life?)...and that was symbolic as well...I won't reveal the number to protect the condo association, but the written meaning of it in Doreen Virtue's book of numbers is this "Faithfully walk in the direction of your dreams, trusting that you are Divinely guided through each step" It made me smile and contentment seeped deep and oozed out into my waking everything.
My first morning run I counted 8 nests...as you know the hatches happen at night...by my last morning there were only 3 nests marked...I was sad to have missed them (had to watch it on YOU TUBE to make up), but something in the knowing that that life process too was going on while I was there made me even more in love with where I am from.

Dear, sweet proselyting, atheist man on my flight to Atlanta....THERE IS A GOD. He LOVES ME PERSONALLY. He gave me life, he gave me earth, he gave me friends and family, he gave me you for a few hours to clarify even more who I am. I am. And this place, it is SO apart of WHO I AM. Of all the places to love and be from, LUCKY ME....I was blessed with THIS PLACE. The RIGHT RULES of this place as man would like to define...I'm not so sure, but this much I know, we can't go wrong with LOVE.

No comments: