Monday, August 8, 2011

House that BUILT Me.

Back, side of the house...
Silly how I cry just seeing the street sign...and then the gushing torrent as I turn down the street and time has changed it...doesn't feel like apart of me ...only faded memories that somehow tap into a deep reservoir that makes more water leak. Grand Dad always called me "the waterworks".
At the end of Trout Street...Knapps cleared the forest and it looks so weird to have it all open...you can even see their house through there! You KNOW we wished it could have been like that as kids! They felt so far away when they really weren't. AND, I was always a little nervous to cut through the woods. The street itself felt so much shorter than what I remember!! The TREES...look at the TREES!!! There is a reason I love me some trees....
There it is on the right..as I'm coming up PAVED Trout Street...my toes were sad and itching for the feel of the cool sand spots in the street..and bike peddles to make me fly through that thick air with my self made breeze.....

The House that BUILT ME...you can see the pool off in the back to the right. Dad put up that fence and I held the posts while he poured in the gravel and concrete. Mailbox is new....the air hung heavy with humidity. The frogs and bugs were singing for me even though it was mid day. And the smell...that wordless, hot, things are rotting, things are growing--smell, still the same.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here its like I'm someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself

If I could just come in, I swear I'll leave
With nothing but a memory
From the house that built me........

1 comment:

Win said...

WOW!!! Thanks!! I've gotta go back!

I totally understand why you cry. I cry just looking at the pictures! So much of my life left back there. I sometimes wonder why I ever left! Hmmm, better stop thinking!!!!

Thanks again!

Dad