Sunday, August 14, 2011

Letter to Spencer 14 August 2011

Jeff Otterstrom on our Unicycle in Lindon Days Parade...your unicycle missed you!!!

Parade Boys....

Zinnias gone wild and making shriek with JOY each morning!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Putting them all over the house on the inside!!
Sam needs to mow :) EVERYTHING looking green and lush!
The zucchini I missed!
Dad throwing candy with the Scouts and Stake Presidency.
Only picture I could find of the pool ...will take one this week for you special!

Hey Lovey!!
Did you get your package? If I send you a letter snail mail, how long will it take for you to get it? Do you have to wait for a zone conference? Do you get dinner invitations very often? What exactly ARE you eating? Can you get fast food very often? Can your companion cook or are you just wowing him? Do you want me to send you some protein drink mix? How are you doing in the humidity? When are you going to send me some pictures of your apartment and neighborhood?
Are you sleeping ok? Did you get the blankets and stuff? Do you need more money on your card?
Do you need anything?? Do the members help much with referrals?
The PGA Championship is on right now...everyone has tummy's full of Sunday roast dinner and chocolate pudding. I have escaped from Sports Bar maid to come in here and "BE" with YOU!!!

Jim and Travis Byron are our new Home Teachers --that will make it easier to have them come. Travy made the Golf team for PG seated at 5. Since he and Sam are in different regions they won't play each other. Sam's try outs were Monday and a FRESHMAN beat him for first seat...hate it when life humbles. At the parents meeting you could tell the freshman's Daddy was a SERIOUS golfer. It will be great to have that kid on the team for Region and State playoffs. Sam will fill you in on the rest of who's in and where they are placed. His first tourney is Tuesday and then another on Thursday. I'm excited!!! I've got stocked up on Gatorade's and chocolate chips, cleaned out the cooler to be "stocked" for the team. The only thing that makes me sad is that this means FALL is really almost here. I can barely stand the thought of it. Winter lasted forever, and then no Spring...it CAN NOT BE TIME TO GET COOL yet!!!

Michael and Josh are home this week before heading to their new apartments to start the new semesters. Michael is going to live with Andy Buetler near UVU--by the Walmart. Josh will be in a new apartment as well...I'll take a pic for you next week when I head up there with him. I'm excited, I get to babysit Jeremy and Kori's kids for a day when I go!!!

Megan starts back teaching next week too. She is still on the job hunt for a FULL TIME position.

Sam had his Patriarchal Blessing today. The Bean's Grand Dad gave it to him. I think he was disappointed because it didn't say anything about schooling, mission, marriage, career,....and of course I wanted it to say "give your Mother 10 beautiful grandchildren" :) Pretty sure he'll send you a copy once we get one. Everyone of us was there, so, your empty place was glaring and felt
ugly. I miss you Bud. I miss you bad.

Yesterday was Lindon Days so I am putting a few pics up so you don't feel like you missed too much. Dad threw out candy and walked with the rest of the Stake Presidency and scouts. Sam walked and represented Timpanogos' Golf and Baseball Team. You would have been surprised at the Timpanogos team turn outs... PG only sent their cheerleaders. Foot ball starts this week!!!
Both Timp and PG are looking good. Will be a fun season...we'll keep you posted. Paul Hatch is HUGE. Serious weight time for that boy and it paid off. He is still embarrassed to eat here. Almost had to force him to take a plate of spaghetti last night.

Joe Hatch has his call but isn't telling anyone yet where he is called to...nope, not even his parents. LOVE that boy!!!! I 'll let you know as soon as he tells. Sam saw Este at Lindon Days and said he was great. Sister Rockhill came by with a few pics for me of you and Stephen in the MTC and she said Stephen is EAGER to get OUT and be in the field. Terrence is getting ready...Josh Torgersen leaves the 31st of August. Should be hearing news from Todd soon as well?

Greg really did it! He and Maren got married on Friday! We went to the wedding and then the luncheon...it was all PERFECT..totally Otterstrom style....they called in the family forces and worked like bees in unison and the back yard was a sight to behold. I could really like it if one of you could marry somebody close like that...it would make sharing for holidays so much easier...I think? As long as I AM THE FAVORITE IN LAW and you come HERE the most! :) Jake, Mike, and Chad were here with Josh for all the festivities. It gives me hope when they come that really you and your friends WILL be back for more love and memories. Josh and Jake gave Greg this MAMMOTH Nerf gun for their "First Fight"...only ONE NERF GUN for Greg...with a note..."Greg..YOU WIN!!!!" Those guys always make me laugh.

I posted a ton on the blog so you will have to hit older posts a few times...go until you see the pic of Ali and Lauren bringing me cheesecake to "miss YOU together"...they are so darling!!! We ALL miss you. Especially Sam. Not a day goes by that you are not prayed for, and talked about. Today you have mostly been mentioned in reference to the Wisconsin trip and ME wondering WHO is feeding you? And how often will you get SUNDAY DINNER'S??????

Bud, you are one of the best people I have EVER known. I am so proud to be your Mom. I love the way you LOVE. I love the way you speak your truth. I love the way you LOVE me. I hope those South Carolinian's have some idea of how lucky they are.....let that light and love leak all over them. So so so so so SO SO So so SO Happy that you belong to me. Another week down! I won't tell you the number cuz I know you'll get nutsy with me...but oh...I KNOW how many weeks are left. Quite a few goals for me to squish in there...
Mom
XXXXXXOOOOXOXOXOXOOOOOOOOOOOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXXXXXXXXXX

No comments: