Sunday, November 9, 2014

THINGS YOU KNOW GIVE YOU LIFE



It's Sunday mid morning. I keep thinking on Sam's realizations from his love letter to us yesterday. I get teary as I think on SAM being the one to welcome new missionaries...that SAM would be the one assigned to inspire them to the courage and comfort they need as they start such a humongous life transition. I WOULD CHOOSE SAM to be my greeter and hand holder. And then again, to have SAM be the one to tend to my parting...to take care of the details and the memory holding. This is an example to me of how EACH of us are at and IN the PERFECT places for our lives right now. Even and especially when I would opt to have ALL of you right here in MY arms. I LOVE the lives you are creating.

I got to have short life evaluation with Spencer this week. As he wrestles with life choices, my heart explodes with happiness and relief, that he HAS so many choices....and then in the peace of WHO he IS that whatever he decides will provide experiences to bless him forward on his path. I love that he HAS LOVES that he knows he wants to be a major part of his loving...he knows some things that GIVE HIM LIFE. I love that all of us get to continue gathering those things...and that they can change as we feel called to new things and called to leave other things.

I want to preach what I heard Barbara Brown Taylor (on Oprah SSS this morning) saying ---that we want life to be a train....we want to get on and then go straight to our chosen destination...but really there are no trains...just sail boats...and we drift and get off course...courses that can often be way more beautiful, challenging, and enlightening than if we had gone the sought after direct course.

Continuing my Barbara Taylor preaching: Please make a list this week of the THINGS YOU KNOW GIVE YOU LIFE....and then a second list of --REASONS I DON'T DO THEM. She asks us to ask ourselves: What if I could trust my feelings? When did I lose my freedom to stop doing the things that bring me life? What is saving my life?

Ready for some yummy Sunday dinner and talk over this :)!

LOVING THROUGH LIFE WITH YOU, my chickadees, BRINGS ME LIFE!!!!!!
I love you. SO BIG. SO HARD.

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxooxxooxx

No comments: