Saturday, November 29, 2014

Love from my LOVE BUG! November 29th 2014

Good morning!! 

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL thanksgiving week! 

This week was really busy with meetings. On Monday we were up until about 2:00 A.M. preparing for Mission Leadership Council and cleaning the car-park that was so full of leaves and other things haha I've never slept so easily in my life! 

Tuesday was Mission leadership Council, we spent the whole day focusing on the He is the Gift initiative, and Elder Higham and I got to take part in that training which was loads of fun, I actually love presenting/speaking!  After we had a few short hours to proselyte, but they were great! we found a 21 year old Latvian named Jacob, who is really educated when it comes to religion and he understood the restoration perfectly, one of the cool miracles about that was that we got to teach him the first discussion in Sonia's home. (Our latest recent convert)  

Wednesday was our only day that we had mostly proselyting, until about 6. We were so blessed with the short time we had this week! we've established a decent teaching pool and all of my worries from the previous weeks have faded.  Everything will work out! 

Thursday President and Sister Rasmussen had all of the senior couple's meet at the mission office for a thanksgiving meal. It was great! there was about 35 in total, and there was probably more than 10 lbs. leftover of turkey and ham, which went straight into our fridge :) :) I'm not complaining about that! After the meeting We went to a Dinner appointment at the bishops house where they as well had us for a wonderful thanksgiving meal. To be honest It was one of my favorite thanksgivings I've had in my whole life. At the bishops home we went around the table and said what we were grateful for. I went first, and so I was trying to hurry and think of the things that were most important to me. It was a moment when it hit me like a ton of bricks how much I've changed on my mission. The only things coming to my head were directly related to the gospel.  thinking before my mission I would have without thought said things like Golf, baseball, girls, Halo, Madden, snowboarding, etc.  When it came time to say something I could only think of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, temples,  Abinadi, etc.  and I wasn't thinking those things because I felt like I had to, but I was thinking those things because that is sincerely what I am most grateful for in my life.  and of course, I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR MY FAMILY. that was said first haha.  It was a great day. 

Friday we had the follow up trainers meeting here at the office, it's always great to be surrounded by new missionaries who have so much fire and passion for the work.  

Today I bought all of the supplies for the families Christ package, I hope you enjoy it! I love you all so much! 

Elder Harris

p.s. I'M FINALLY GOING TO WALES THIS WEEK. Our zone conferences will be the next two weeks.  Starting this Thursday, we basically won't proselyte til the end of the transfer (The next 13 days-  so please pray for the people we are now working with because there is going to need to be some miracles to hold onto them without seeing them very often. take care! I love you all so much! 

No comments: