Saturday, November 1, 2014

love from Sam Nov 1 2014

Good Morning family!

First off... Marsh gets home on TUESDAYYYY!!! you'll have to go to his homecoming and take some pictures with him. He did it, Marsh has set the example for us to follow, what a beast! 

This week was way solid. We spent all day on monday preparing the reports for the 8 stake presidencies that the mission covers for convert baptisms. The mission covers the Merthyr Tidvill, and Cardiff Wales stakes, and then the Cheltenham, Birmingham, Lichfield, Nottingham, Leicester, and Coventry stakes in England.  

Tuesday was rad. I got to go on exchange with Elder Costigan, another one of my past companions. It was like we never seperated. Our unity while finding and teaching came back just like that!  A member in another ward, referred her friend who lives in the Wylde Green ward, so Elder Costigan and I taught him a first lesson, and the spirit was incredibly strong. He accepted the message and was unusually excited to read the book of mormon- no complaints there.  We taught Sonia in the evening about the priesthood, and she is SO EXCITED for her baptism tonight. We will send pics next week! 

Wednesday I read a talk called the challening and testifying missionary. It changed the way that I think about a lot of things. Go and read it! you can relate it to whatever you want in your life that is important to you. The main theme of the talk is this-- the best time to accomplish our desires is NOW.  It talks about how the second that we know someone is feeling the holy ghost, we are supposed to challenge them right there, let them recognize the spirit, and invite them to do something bold, talks about how we don't prepare someone for a challenge, because then it isn't really a challenge. I don't know, it's difficult to explain, but it was something that I am looking to apply for the rest of my mission/ life. 

As a result of this talk, the second that Elder Costigan and I thought that someone was interested, we would invite them to do something pretty crazy-- for example, Elder Costigan invited a former investigator who investigated 1 year ago to be baptised on the 29th of November. She accepted.. now this was on the street! Her name is Julia. Her mother is a Jehovah's witness, but she made her stop investigating in the past, but now that she is 18, her mom is letting her do whatever she wants, and so now she is pretty adoment about joining the church. Another pretty massive miracle. I know god leads us to people who are ready to accept his message.  

Another one of our new investigators this week is Kati! she is from Hungary, and she is so sweet and nice. The way that she views life is incredible, probably one of the most optimistic people I've ever met. She's been in the U.K. for a week, has no job, a very interesting living situation, but she is so sure and hopeful that everything will work out- I'm sure it will! 

Last night President  Rasmussen called us into his office, and we spent a few hours talking about the new transfer, and changes that we thought would be appropriate. I absolutely love doing things like that! One of my favorite things that I have learned from President is his ability to receive revelation. He just does what it says to do in the scriptures, he ponders, studies, and prays, and ponders, it sounds so simple! I think that is something everyone wants to be better at is understanding exactly how the spirit communicates with us. 

Right after emailing we are going to drive to Hereford, where we will pick up Elder Dryden, Sarah Bowles little brother, he will be on an exchange with us for the next 2 days. should be fun! Life is always good as a missionary, I have no complaints! As much as I miss you all, I believe with all of my heart that this is exactly where I need to be. have a great week! Love you!!!!!!!

Love, 

Elder Sam Harris.

No comments: