Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Catch up 3 Dec-8 Dec

Last Friday I went to the newMalawi Pizza with Kim for lunch and liked it so much Don and I took Spencer and 2 dates :) Ali and Amy for dinner. It is ALOT like Pizzeria 712 only ALOT cheaper! Afterwords we saw the movie MORNING GLORY which was darling. I love what a good friend Spencer is to his friends and how much they all love and tend to each other. We got word from Cole's mom over the weekend that he was leaving the Provo MTC for Argentina Monday morning and the masses came over to write him letters for a WELCOME to Argentina package.
Saturday I caught up on cleaning the house and made a killer version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscano soup...those copy cat recipes on the net are amazing! Sunday Michelle and boys came for her birthday dinner. We played Settler's a few rounds and FINALLY the world felt like it should with everyone home. Josh STILL WINS every time. That boys needs to get a job in STRATEGY of some sort. Michael only pops in for little bits of time---Men have things to do, money to make, places to be and women to hunt.
Last night we had our annual Study Group Dinner here with the Clarke's, Johnson's and the Beans. Crazy when you think we have been friends with them for longer than we have been married. (28 + years).
It's tax time again. I had the day circled for yesterday to just do taxes...somehow Real Estate and many other convenient things got in the way. And so far this morning I suddenly found it urgent that I catch up on this blog. I don't know why I make it such a big deal...but I do and there are just SO MANY OTHER THINGS I"D RATHER BE DOING!!!
Michael passed his EMT practicals....a BIG deal and I am proud. He's happy and counting down to his Europe adventure. I am so going to miss him being gone for Christmas...but how could a Mom begrudge such a GREAT experience? Megan's FFA kids have amazed me again...I am SO LOVING the poinsettias they grew and are selling. Megan is rocking her MBA program AND has 4 real estate deals AND still loves teaching High School. Spencer is working on getting his papers in and wishing his work gave him more hours. I am just trying not to be too clingy knowing he is on his way soon. Sam wants baseball to start...the in between times in the ball seasons can be rough on a boy. He is filling it with basketball with whoever can get keys to their church. JOSH is playing a lot of game boy and catching up on "THE OFFICE" and feeling like life is without a purpose until January. He hasn't shaved for a few days and the MAN can so grow a beard! He swears that it is my fault that we all have CHUNK in the TRUNK because of my cooking...I know he's right...he keeps TRYING to have a protein shake instead of my dinners :) Portion control portion control portion control....He has MORE than a few pounds to GAIN back so I don't know why HE is complaining. Besides...TIS THE SEASON!!!
Everyone is HOME. All is Merrry and Bright :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments: