Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The King's Speech

You KNOW I'm a sucker for it if it is 1. British 2. Historical 3. Colin Firth....hmmmm....SO DELIGHTFUL. Not sure if the King was really as sweet as he was portrayed....but interesting and heartbreaking the abuse he endured as a child. No safety in money or rank. I hope his real wife was as supportive and darling as his movie wife was. The best part of this holiday has been the TIME to indulge with the kids in cards, movies, friends and reading.

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Still feeling bad we changed the movie time on you, but I am SO GLAD you got to see it too! Definitely one of my contenders for best movie of 2010.

I loved the relationship/friendship between Lionel and Bertie, and yes I hope you're right - that he really was just this great underdog guy. He obviously wasn't perfect - he said himself he had a bit of a temper, but Hollywood does tend to romantacize people in movies. It will be interesting to see how it does at the Golden Globes and Oscars. I would be SHOCKED if Colin Firth didn't win for best actor. Just my two cents...

Glad you liked it too! Take care Natalie. xoxo