Sunday, October 23, 2011

Catherine Coleman Kane

 Catherine is my High School girlfriend who I reconnected with at the Reunion in July...and we remembered how much we love each other...and she LOVED ME so much that when she found this great airline ticket deal, she planned a visit to ME!!! Currently she lives in Fort Collins, Colorado...so not so very far anyway. Catherine is all sunshine and goodness and sheer delight to be around. She flew in Friday morning and the PARTY began. We went straight from the airport to Gardner's Village for the Witch Festival...one would be hard pressed not to have a LOVELY time there roaming the shops and seeing all the kiddies in their Halloween Costumes. They are SO clever...I am sad the pic above didn't turn out better...but it is a witch in an out house with the outside plaque reading "Witchy POO" :) We ate at the Gardner's Mill at wife #9's table...Mary Ann Bradford...who herself was a polygamist's daughter when she married Gardner in 1849? A little Mormon history culture for Catherine :) Our weekend was a food crawl!  I introduced her to the Chewy pralines and caramel fudge. So yummy!!!
We came home and she biked "MY" Provo Canyon trail with me...so gorgeous and the weather could NOT have been more PERFECT. It was SO AMAZING to be with someone who really likes doing the same kinds of outdoors things as me. It was a whole weekend of eye and heart and soul candy! We got home in time to pick up Megan and Don and went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then to see FOOTLOOSE :) Dang I love to dance...just made me want to dance! ( oh well...at least I had EARTH WIND AND FIRE on my IPOD for my runs this week!)

 Catherine the BEAUTIFUL...
 this is my FAVORITE water fountain in the WORLD.....the water is SO COLD and SO SWEET, it tastes JUST RIGHT... I hit  it about a mile into my run and at about mile 12 coming down from my run/bike....sounds silly, but glad to have a picture of it....
 Saturday morning we slept in, then left to Hike up the Sundance Canyon  to Stewart Falls...its only 4 miles..but BREATHTAKING!!!...as you will see....alot of the color has already gone....
 We had to laugh as we passed some dog owner group (9 dogs) out being taken on a walk by their dogs...this hike was truly FOR their dogs and not so much themselves...never had that kind of dog love.
 This is some of the eye candy I was referring to....hard not to just feel near to bursting with JOY surrounded by all of this and then BEING THERE with Catherine.



 The falls don't look so impressive from my shots...will have to nab some of Catherine's to add later from the bottom..... We headed down the Canyon to Robert Redford's Ski Resort, SUNDANCE...where just breathing the air feels like a privilege and eating in the Grill Room makes you convinced you are now in HEAVEN. We both had the fish tacos. Let me tell you...JUST DO IT!!! We went through the store, and walked all over and just enjoyed BEING. Together.
On the way home we stopped at  Costco for the Talapia fillets so I could share my new favorite recipe of the year. We also stopped in a boutique and got matching "friend" pics entitled SIDE BY SIDE...which I have hung in my guest room on my FAVORITE art wall. You can't see..but I am wearing my LIFE IS GOOD T-shirt...and boy howdy...LIFE IS GOOD!!!! We closed the night with the movie WARRIOR. This movie is a heart wrencher, and I don't care WHAT your family like is, was, has been, its going to trigger the soft places inside. It triggered and then leaked out all over my face and shirt and sleeves...
And in between all this decadent BEING was all the talking and sharing and forecasting and  hoping.....and LOVE.  I thought it was going to be hard to take her to the airport this morning. But I must be growing up...instead of sad, all I could feel was a heart full of excitement and anticipation  for the NEXT TIME...and deep appreciation that my life is MY LIFE. LOVE YOU BIG CATHERINE COLEMAN KANE. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND!!!! And in the words of BEETHOVEN  "Never shall I forget the days I spent with you, ...continue to be my friend, as you will ALWAYS find ME to be YOURS..."

No comments: