Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello Lovies!!!! Sure missed you all today. THANK YOU for sending such sweet love notes to your Dad. We made him his favorite dinner and are still working on getting him some family pics framed that he wants for his office.
It's officially HOT. So hot that I couldn't stand to read on my lounge yesterday afternoon...had to come in to the air conditioning. Makes me sad for the kittens with all their fur.
This week is Strawberry Days and we'll be thinking of you at the Rodeo. Sam will be in Lake Powell all week with the Nickles. Still never been...but hope to change that THIS summer sometime. Sam worked the High School Baseball camp with Coach Nelson last week and them Umped all day Saturday...so even though he hasn't found a steady job, he's doing well at making money. Heaven knows he'll want it this fall.
Megan's work trip to Chicago was glorious and she posted pics on her facebook page. She REALLY hopes that they keep sending her. Dad was in Guatemala and Honduras this last week. Since this is the height of real estate time I too have been super busy. I did take Wednesday afternoon off for a MERMAID party with some of my friends by the pool. It was so RELAXING to just hand out together and do NOTHING but talk and eat and talk and eat some more. We ended with the last showing of Snow White and the Huntsman. I must be getting old. I could barely sit through the AVENGER's and I was thinking I was going to go crazy sitting in that one! The Queen was amazing, her costuming incredible...but the Snow White was ridiculously horrible. I kept thinking               "now why would they have left THAT scene in?"
Yesterday was a man's heaven for sports...and perfectly so for Father's Day. I know YOU didn't get to see any Spencer, and figured Michael and Josh missed both the US OPEN and the Basketball game 2 of the final series because you were on the road? Of course I want the HEAT...I am TIRED of people hating on Lebron. That man can play ball. Sam is still recovering with Tiger's poor show at the Open...he is such a die hard fan for that man. I am so glad he had the other 2 victories this season.
I got called to teach in Primary. I was subbing yesterday so I haven't started my real class yet. Quincy is an adopted  4year old black girl with enough personality to fill the entire planet....and quite the imagination. She insists on sitting on my lap (you KNOW I don't mind)!! She plays with my hair and locket and finger nails and stuff in my "bag", you get the picture. She faces me and hoding my face in her hands says "Oh, you're a Grandmom!!" I laughed and said "No, but I WANT to be!"
 Her eyes get big and she says "YES YOU ARE! My mom says you can't lie in church!!!"  I laughed, and feeling quite OLD said "Quincy, I DON'T have any grandkids so I am NOT a GrandMom...do you think I look old?" She sits back, then puts her hands over the sides of my face and said...."you have that white stuff in your hair on the edges. You're going to be a Grandmom soon. But I'm GLAD you're not a grandmom, cuz then your gonna die in a couple of days or a year or something." Oh the Quincy stories I could tell!! I am sad I won't be her teacher. She so has the I've got to go to the bathroom figured out for when the lesson is dragging for her. I taught them last week too so I came with a BIGGER bag of tricks and treats this week.  So children...the GOOD NEWS is I am going to be a GRANDMOM soon :) Quincy said.
Spencer, Dad picked up your garments and I have them all ready to go in the box and they will be sent this morning. I had the missionary mom lunch last week and all the boys are doing good...not alot of detail. Stephen just got transfered. Jeffers is a District Leader. Wade opened a new area in Montana. Sefa's mom missed. Marie Cardon just loving on Terrance's letters.
I LOVE YOU BOYS!!!!! You KNOW I MISS YOU!!! I'm so proud of all of you. I love that in spite of parenting difficulties  :) you are such amazing, GOOD, happy , independent, healthy, successful men out there putting more love into the world. Hurry home boys. Hurry home. 43 weeks Spencer.
LOVE YOU BIG!!!!!
Mom
xxooxxooxxooxx

No comments: