Monday, July 23, 2012

The Good Samaritan

 My Primary lesson yesterday was on being KIND. I can teach Primary because it is so basic and real. Yes, PLEASE, lets ALL  BE KIND.  The Bible story was THE GOOD SAMARITAN. They did not believe me for one second that a man who worked in the Temple would have just walked by a robbed, beaten silly man. I assured them that indeed that man did. Roman (age 5), looking at me like I was crazy said  "You're WRONG...he just didn't SEE HIM and I know it cause I was watching". To which Jaxson Brown asks " So are YOU the GOOD Samara  Guy that helped him?" Roman looks at him hard and just says "Be quiet or we are ALL in trouble". Yes. We are. We are ALL in trouble.  I just breathed in his anxiousness that a person existed that could do that...and then his inability to allow that it was on purpose. Five is a blessed age. My favorite own genius idea was to bring in boxes of Band Aides and let them put on as MANY as they wanted...we had Batman and spider man and Cars and Disney Princesses and  Hello Kitty...and LOTS of BandAids on as they left....in remembrance of those who are hurt and NEED our kindness...and they can't take them off till they do something kind. I don't know who was happier as they walked out all gooped out in bandaids...but I think it was me:)

No comments: