Monday, November 11, 2013

Bammer

 
oy!!
 
Guys... I love it here. As torn apart as I was to leave Eastwood, I think I love it here as much as I loved Eastwood, and I've only been here for a few days!
 
Elder DeBeikes is the man, and we get along really well, and are very similar in so many ways! He is a sick kid! My District leader is Elder Packer, who is one of my best friends in the mission, and the city is still full of foreigners! We were able to get 6 new investigators this week, all through our finding efforts which was a huge blessing! So now, we have 2 investigators from England, and then 1 from India, Romania, China, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, and Poland. Pretty sweet! They are all Uni-students except for 1 of them is probably about 40.  I love finding in Coventry, everyone has such a strong passion for their belief in God, and are so intrigued with our beliefs, and so humble in hearing our message. A night and day difference from my finding experiences in Eastwood.  One of our new investigators didn't have time to talk when we tracted into him (Which is a common excuse for they just don't want anything to do with us) but he asked us where our church was. We were amazed when he showed up at church on Sunday and loved it! Another cool miracle was on wednesday when Elder DeBeikes and I were street contacting, we saw from Dominos pizza that said, "personal Pizza only £1, so we decided to take a break from street contacting to get a pizza, while the pizza was cooking, we had 5 minutes before it was finished, so we decided to contact for those 5 minutes, during those 5 minutes we found our investigator named Luke, who is 19, from Romania, and he basically said, "I've heard some weird things about your church, can I find out for myself if they are true or not" He came to church on sunday, and asked us what he can do to become a missionary! We have been blessed. We put our chinese investigator Ernie on a date for the 7th of December, and will be putting more on a date during this week. life is good! I love all of you so much! I love being a missionary and serving in a place that has been prepared for people to hear the message of the restoration of Jesus Christ's church.  I'm so grateful for the Priesthood and for the blessings we receive as we forget ourselves and love god. 
 
I love the Book of Mormon so much, and I also love Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. When he speaks to us with his boldness and his incredible testimony of the savior and his teachings, I cannot deny that he is a man of god, and that he is a man inspired by god.  attatched is his testimony of the Book of mormon with some cool video clips. I love you guys! Have an amazing week. Church is true, book is blue :) http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages, then type in "testimony of the book of mormon" and you'll see it. only takes about 5 minutes!
 
Oh and I'm not sure if I included this in last email, but there are these 2 members in the ward that remind me so much of Preston and Jeremy! I love when we get to spend time with them, and we are probably going to spend our p-day messing around with them doing something nuts! anyways
Cheers!
 
Elder Samuel Joseph Harris.

No comments: