Monday, June 30, 2008






YES!!! That IS the metal pavillion behind Joseph Smith...some dear (crazy maybe) soul sewed that "DRAPE" to make it look like the Nauvoo Temple!!!!! I was Martha...they wanted me to be Mary, the Mother of Jesus...but that just felt too wierd, so I said I had to be someone REAL who loved the Savior, I first thought of the woman taken in adultry...one of my personal favorite scripture stories about NOT JUDGING...but thought that might be a bit much for the younger girls...seeings as I get a little worked up about the Jews forgetting to bring the MAN along with her when she was supposedly taken right out of THE Bed HE was in...anyway. I LOVE Martha. I love that she spoke up for the help she needed. I loved that her Faith was the catalyst for the Savior bringing her brother back to life. What would it have been like to have been an everyday FRIEND of the Savior ---the friend He came to when he needed to rest from the throngs of the world. I want to be that kind of friend. So many miracles happend in Martha's home...and so many have happend in mine.

No comments: