Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kayla and Jason gettin' Hitched XXOOXX



We made a whirlwind trip up to Boise...I ended up working until 2 on Friday and Michael had class-- we left by 2:30, got there at 8 in time for YUMMY dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Stacey and Uncle Kelly. Stacey is loving being out of school and nursing. She is buying her own home just a few streets away from everyone else the first week of October. Uncle Kelly is still everyone's favorite and he heads back to Baltimore tomorrow am.
We stayed at the Springfield Suites Marriott near 5 mile and HP. Wish I had a camera for my run Saturday morning...Dad and Megan came too...running the Boise River is GORGEOUS...reminded me WHY I run...and lately I've needed a reminder. Crazy thing is I passed this guy on the trail that is from here and was just up there visiting his wife's parents for the weekend...such a small world!
We had an ADVENTURE when we went to visit Grandmom and Leonard. They were taking care of all the dogs at their house during the wedding...when Grandmom opened the door to let us in Cassie and another one got out, but Cassie just BOLTED...and I mean all the way (at least a mile +) to Fairview...I thought for sure she'd get hit. ALL of us were trying to catch her by car, by foot...all in our wedding clothes... and it was HOT. That dang dog got into a big strip mall parking lot and we were on our hands and knees trying to see under cars...needless to say...you know me and dog love. Dang dog. Prayer time. I just prayed that she'd co-operate or if she got hit that it would take her instantly and not have this big long drawn out VET experience on wedding day. God answered us with a woman named Gayla...she saw me fling my shoes and run barefoot like crazy after her and zoomed in her car up ahead to the end of the parking lot and was able to get her. Another Boise story for the books...
The wedding itself was HAPPY. So much family and so much love. So much good food...had to include the pic of the AMAZING cupcakes...I can just totally appreciate it when cake is as tasty as it LOOKS...and I wasn't sure with that fondant icing...but let me assure you...DELICIOUS! Spencer isn't in the photo cuz he had to stay home and work. We left at 6 and were home by Midnight. Like I said, a whirlwind.

No comments: