Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life

PERFECT Princess Maren was baptized yesterday...just like Spencer said when he was giving his talk at the Baptism.."it's pretty hard to turn Maren down for anything, so I'm giving this talk cause she asked me to..." She is STILL sweetness and sunshine . MOST of the family was there...I knew you and Greg would want more pictures but it was hard at the church, and their other cousin was being baptized at his chapel RIGHT afterwards...anyway...LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!! Damon is still a favorite..he even made up a FLYER (like the YW always do) for the YM trying to get them to come to an activity...and then the date had a conflict so he made up ANOTHER flyer...Made me smile and want to hug him for his efforts! I'll be sad if Spencer has to miss the activity for work...I REALLY want to support Damon and have Spencer spend as much time as he can with him...a GREAT MAN.

Josh, I also wanted to have you see how GORGEOUS Tiffany still is with her new bald "do". I am SO GLAD she is not going the wig route like Merilee tried...Merliee was miserable with the itching and the sweating. I ran into Tiffany in Blockbuster when I was getting Season 5 of Grey's Anatomy so I could catch up before the Premiere...I didn't make it, but I think I got Tiffany started on Grey's! She has ALOT of months ahead of her in her treatment with both Chemo and Radiation at the same time...but I told her we can both share your coming home date as the IT'S OVER date...YOU WILL BE HOME for me...and she will be DONE and have her hair back!!!! As you can see...Cam shaved his head too...what a sweet brother!

Things that made me pause this week:
*At 11:45pm Saturday night our house was rocking with kids...at 11:55pm with no parental calls or requests, the front door just kept opening and closing, and by midnight, only our boys were here. We have GREAT children who have GREAT friends---who must care about the Sabbath.
*A lone hummingbird showed up late in the afternoon looking for my feeder that I usually leave up until mid October...but all the other humming birds had been gone for days so I took them down to clean them and put them away for winter. I was sad I didn't have anything for him for his long flight...and wondered about things I am late to leave, and what consequences will be mine for not moving on?
*The snakes in the Zucchini plants are gone as well...WHERE ARE THEY?
*Vanessa and Laurie both have injuries JUST before St. George Marathon this Saturday and they have trained so hard, so diligently, so perfectly...and will STILL run it with their injuries. What IS IT about running that instills that kind of ferocious fervor?
*My shows started...SURVIVOR, Grey's Anatomy, Biggest Loser...why do I prefer them to people sometimes? Josh...missed you for ALL of them!!! I think you and Greg should plan a post mission Survivor run...that would fund your college!
*Spencer came home and tells me THE PLAN for college next fall...hoping for DIXIE with several friends (year round golf down there ---I KNOW IT! :) ) and my LIFE feels VERY FALLISH....my babies are men and the men are leaving....I want to go with them. I didn't plan this part of my life. I can't really even get a picture of how I want it to be. I just know that my heart wants my house FILLED...but filled with MY PEOPLE....going to start hunting for empty nesters with plans that feel good to me.
*Parker-5 yrs- on our street learned how to ride his bike this week and has been buzzing all over the neighborhood with Adam his cousin who lives just a few houses up...he flagged me down when I was coming home to have me watch...I LOVED that he wanted to share that with me...I LOVED that I could SEE and SHARE that burst of total confidence and THRILL of freedom he was experiencing as he raced along. Love you Parker. So GRATEFUL for all the people I get to love!

I love you Buddy. I am SO HOPING that you are feeling better!!!! I love you I love you I love you. Can't wait for morning for your message. Michelle and Bronson came for dinner and they send their love as well. I hope you will get a break for Conference. I'll meet you in Florida at the St. Augustine beach condo in my dreams...we can build a kite and have lunch at the shrimp shack...and I'll take you crabbing with bacon fat at the jetties....I just remembered a bunch of things I thought I would teach my kids to do the other day....but have never had the chance with the ocean so far away. I'll also make sure to bring lots of containers for the HUGE sandcastle we are gonna build...

No comments: