Sunday, September 20, 2009

MARVELOUS MEGAN


She did it AGAIN Josh!!! I couldn't help but think of YOU as much as her through out the day. I'm so pleased for her. She beat Dave and did it in 5:28!!
Now you are wondering WHY I didn't do it...well...I think it's vanity. I still have the extra 10 plus 5 pounds from LAST years marathon, and I just couldn't bear to think my body might hold onto another 10 and THEN I'd have to get that off as well. So, vanity. Yes, to those MYSTIFIED who I trained with...I DID feel a twinge of WHAT DID I DO as I ran the PROVO Canyon instead of the marathon on Saturday. But mostly...I just felt like a BIG girl...that I have these other Marathon Medals hanging here in front of me to PROVE that I CAN Do it....I just didn't want to. I'm still not sure what mileage number it is that makes my body freak out so. I took three 18's with no weight gain. I knew I could run the marathon...what I don't know is how I could handle another 10 pounds...I'm forty six. I'm TIRED of careful EVERYTHING. See Megan's face in the next 2 pictures? THAT's what I want...I want to come home from my runs feeling like that again...working on it.


No comments: