Sunday, March 28, 2010

LOVEY LOVEY LOVEY LOVEY LOVEY






Hey you XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOO--I wish I could just SMOTHER You with the REAL THING right now. Today I saw on the ward program that Greg's birthday is the 3rd--this coming Saturday. It made me miss him in the worst way...and then YOU!!! Diana and I never get to really talk to each other...I missed her too. In primary we had a few seconds and she told me Jeff got 12 chicks yesterday and he will be building a coop. I wanted to say "Let's skip Sharing Time and go have our own SPECIAL Sharing Time" but alas, I was the one doing Sharing Time today so I couldn't even suggest it. SIX more fast Sundays and I WILL be smothering you with hugs and kisses. 6 SIX 6 SIX SIX 6666:) !!!!!
Monday for Family Night after Sam's game we took the boys to Happy Sumo for a SUSHI experience. Nope we are that cultural. Yes, we can do Mexican, we can do Chinese, but nope, not so much Sushi people (to be fair, MEGAN and MICHAEL LOVE it, the rest of would like REAL FOOD please).
We all surprised Dad on his birthday at his office (the one down here in the old Word Perfect buildings) and took him to lunch at Goodwood's. I checked the boys out of school to go... I pretty much got major Mom points for that.
I also had checked Sam out of school to go get him a new bat since his had lost its POP---this is not a joke. It is true. This really happens to bats. Go figure. He is a HAPPY boy and LOVES his new bat. His first hit with it amazingly was the Homerun that they won't let me count as a homerun!!!
Yesterday was like my first real day of Spring! I worked in the yard for most of the morning, and you know how I LOVE that. It feeds the deepest places in my soul. I had clients from 1 until 4, then back to work in the yard until 7:30. I love to work at so many things. I often wonder how many days of yard work it would take before I tired of it. I love having all my beds tidy and weeded,--and they stay that way much longer than a house stays clean!!!-- filled with perennials sprouting and tulips popping up their leaves. The deer got 3 of our bushes, but so far, just a few of the tulips.
Dad cleaned out the chicken coop and 3 big mice jumped out from under all the layered guck and then he noticed that 2 of the hens had baby mice in their mouths. I just don't even know WHERE to catalog that kind of stuff in my brain. Yes, I want them dead, but not killed horribly, and surely NOT KILLED BY ME. Couldn't we work out a plan where God just agrees to "twinkle" them to heaven upon finding them so they don't have to die in the natural disasters WE end up creating in their lives?? I am finally ok with the snakes since the only poisonous ones here are the rattlers and we have never had one in our yard. But I think my 2 nice little garden snakes on the hill from a few years back now have a posterity that has expanded in SIZE and number...now there are at least 3 in my Hens and Chicks rock section that have sent me screaming a few times now and it is still only March. They like the sun as much as I do. But what to do??? I don't want to be nervous every time I am near where they have been. So, on this one, I was thinking if God could just arrange to have them where I'm NOT, then I'm okay to share...???
I decided to run the TOP OF UTAH MARATHON again for my marathon this year. As I was marking out my training runs I realized it's been FIVE MONTHS since I've run 12 miles!!! I ran 11 miles last week on a late sunny morning whim, but really, 5 months...We've just been running our 7.83 route every time!!! I miss running the canyon. I bet the snow is almost gone. Maybe this coming weekend for Easter while everyone else is hunting eggs and I don't have anyone little enough to want to. That in itself is weird. I bet they'd hunt if I filled them with money and gift certificates. Hmmmmmm.... I hope you get your package soon.
March Madness has dominated our TV for what seems like weeks. I 'm sure it hasn't been that long, but it seems like it. Tons of upsets. Everyone is thrilled that there is always a life or death game to be watched.
I'm sorry I don't have more pics for you. Really, its been COLD and WET and FREEZING and SNOWING and RAINING until yesterday. I will work hard to get you some this week. This is Spencer's new hairdo given to him special tonight by Michael King. A mohawk with the Nike symbol on one side and his own special brand of brain surgery scar on the other. Tough boy.
Love you lovey. Sorry we aren't so exciting. It FEELS plenty exciting, but when I sit to catch you up I think we really do need to spice up our life. I might be getting old, cuz even as I type that I am thinking..HEY! The hot tub is all I need:)!!! And we are ALL still loving it!
Can't wait till morning. I'll be waiting.
Your Momma XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOO

No comments: