Sunday, March 28, 2010

What I've been up to...

I've been to baseball games most nights this week in the freezing cold...and I still love it. Friday Sam pitched the whole game and got a TRIPLE...but he really got a HOMERUN in his Momma's book...if that boy hits it and then runs all the way in past home it is STILL a HOMERUN to me. Yes they explained to me how it was a true triple, but after that there was an error so even though he made it all the way in and they counted his score, it STILL only counted as a triple. Whatever people. My boy made a HOMERUN :) And I screamed like it was a home run. (Some RULES are just stupid). The cold has been pretty unbearable---hence, no pictures. We are layered and wrapped up to our eyeballs in blankets,with snow and wind pelting through us,no way I'm getting un -wrapped to take a picture! We look quite the scene...all these parents in the bleachers and you can't even tell WHO they are we are all so wrapped up. One family even brings their portable propane heater. I swear if I SEE one somewhere I am going to buy it for the BOYS...they CAN'T wear their coats (CRAZY RULES!!!!!) Sam's face and hands were bright red up there on the mound, I don't know how he could even FEEL the ball much less release curve balls and the like. I have always had this thing (something tragic must have happened to me in another life) about my kids being cold. Its a REAL thing...I have to talk myself down. No one else around me seems to be falling apart that their boy has spent HOURS in the FRIGID temperatures these last 3 weeks. I'm working on it.
My brain and heart have been on a quest again. I think the mid life crisis prognosis is real. I totally loved the whole numerology behind Dan Millman's book THE LIFE YOU WERE BORN TO LIVE. He could not have been more on if he had known me my whole life. Pretty eye opening and thought provoking, now lets hope it is action changing.
And Sarah Addison Allen...could I ever say enough about her? I LOVE THE WAY SHE WRITES!!!!! I love her characters, her stories, MY dysfunction....I am sad that I slurped this up so quick...I am almost done and now I will have to wait HOW LONG before she comes out with another???
Oh yeah, and I'm trying the meditation thing again. Dr. Dyer is helping me this time. I think its gonna work. Just the IDEA of quieting my brain feels PEACEFUL. I'll let you know how its going.