Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TO JOSH LATE!!!!

I wish you could FEEL the sickness in my stomach and heart that I have felt over forgetting to write you Sunday night. As you have seen here, I have been crazy busy with everything since Chile, so much so that I am not even caught up on posting THAT trip here. Work has been fantastic so that means LOTS of trying to keep up...especially when I have been traveling so much. What I couldn't tell you last week was that Dad and I went to CANCUN for Paul's 50th birthday...we left Thursday and I was going to catch you up at the hotel and I never did...and then Sunday night was the US/Canada Hockey Game and Olympic Closing Ceremonies --and of course the beach all day (Dad and Paul went to the ruins, I stayed on the beach of course)---ANYWAY...it didn't seem much like a Sunday and it NEVER EVEN CROSSED MY MIND until Dad opened his e-mails Monday morning and we BOTH just wanted to lay down and die!!!!!! I TOTALLY deserve to be on your bad list. I am SO making this up to you!!! Dad is putting money in your account today to cover the cost of the retainer being taken out and some extra SO GO EAT OUT SOMEWHERE!!! Craig Smith was with us in Cancun and he said that actually, the prices they quoted you weren't bad...so SORRY...maybe YOU want to go into orthodontics?
I am sitting here, finally back at home...with a gazillion things to do before I leave AGAIN on Friday! GrandDad has been in and out of the ICU with nose bleeds. I was already planning to give him a surprise bday at his legion dance this Sunday...but now we will see how he feels. ANYWAY...I will make sure I have you up to date and GOOD POSTS before I leave, because as you know, I won't have any internet there...but believe ME...YOU WILL HAVE MAIL FROM EVERYONE HERE next Monday!!! I am writing this with a prayer in my heart that you will be able to steal some time and try to check on us again before Monday. We are not dead...if I was dead I would have visited you by now, in fact I would be WITH YOU right now. I hate to admit to the obvious, but you have a loser family sometimes. I cannot explain the others neglect--other than they count on me to say "Write your Brother! It's Sunday". HOW I could have forgotten seems cruel when compared to my love for you. Forgive me. Forgive us. I pretty much bet you can know that it will NOT HAPPEN AGAIN on this mission!!!!
XXXOOOXXXOOOXXX Your imperfect, repentant, Mother XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

No comments: