Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CAMP

Geez...this is one of those entries where I should post hundreds of pictures or NONE!!!! Of all the 15+ girls camps I've been to over the years, this year was by FAR the best...and all because of the AMAZING women I was able to work with. These are REAL Women. Women who love the girls and leave all their judgments at home. Kalani, Jana, Polly, Merilee, Sally, Carol, Jill and Marcia...I honor you. It is rare that I find myself in company of people where I think "I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU!!!!" It's true. I want to be like you. I can't slurp your love and laughter up fast enough. I hope I don't have to go so long before I have so many "almost" all nighters!!! My stomach still aches on the sides from laughing so hard from the stories told in the "circle of honor" :)
And then there were the girls...I LOVE YOU !!!! Words just can't express the kind of love you share when you are in that kind of a setting and letting your heart break open. I wish I had been WHO you are at YOUR AGE!!!!
The Bear was passed from camp to camp for miscellaneous reasons (not showing for Flag ceremony, arriving on time, having racoons slash and trash the food tent....) I thought it was funny that this ward hung him up on the "cup line".

Note to Josh...I am still in the Primary Presidentcy, but this was just a "side" calling :)[ I think THEY think I have capacity?]...Jana Adamson was the Stake Camp Director and I was her assistant....we had 42- 6th year girls to help us in the planning. Having Jana around is like having Shayne Clarke around...you just can't get enough and you spend the whole day laughing. Jana is the one who turned us all on to the YOUTUBE I referred to earlier...and then spent the whole camp mocking it. Merilee Scoffield is exactly the same way and to see them play off of each other was just hysterical...I make the good ED McMANN who just keeps laughing and laughing. I hope one life I get to be the funny witty clever one....just the WAY their brains work!!!



No comments: