Friday, June 4, 2010

Letter to Josh and Michael

Let me start by saying I was kind of doing ok until I saw Greg today. Then all the mother bravery I had built up just melted to the floor. I wanted you BOTH HOME NOW!!!!! He really is a beautiful sight.
Josh I will comfort you with a Michael phone update and quote of the week..."this job just gets better and better...never thought much about the TOUR guides that would come with the tour group...but I REALLY like Princess Cruise lines version of ATTRACTIVE when it comes to these guides. Nope, I don't mind driving one bit...this is GREAT!!!" Michael is working ALOT of hours and loving it.
Dad is being very patient and trying to tolerate the reality of the pool being built while reminding me often that we are not rich. It's not about rich. It's about a dream being realized (and the JOY that dream will bring). Megan is rethinking going back to school for her Masters and still wanting to stay on as the floral design teacher at the High School while she does it. Spencer is shooting for a significant night job other than umping that would still allow him to play golf as he wants. Sam is in swamped with Summer ball, girls, friends and GOLF. The Golf clubs have reappeared in every room of the house and balls under every couch and tees in every laundry dryer load. Josh, your loving perspective on your washing machine has given me a new outlook of deep gratitude for the daily duty of wash...THANK YOU. We are still the hang out and we wouldn't have it any other way.
The dang weather is still gloomy. Such a weird Spring with a strange entrance to summer. It did finally hit 80 degrees yesterday...but not one degree over! The garden is planted. I think the Robins have robbed all my corn seed again---they sat on the fence and watched me plant it. Might have to make that scarecrow.
The news: Best for first- Katie O is expecting in January. Tiffany Platt marries tonight. James Gardner comes home next week. Sam Johnson and Myra Peterson get baptized tomorrow.
Other stuff is going on with GrandDad's estate that is taking my time...but it is all good. Work is good. Girls camp is coming together...I am dreaming of working hard hard hard and then taking a sweet hiatus "by some water" late July. Just me, the sunshine, the sunscreen, my Ipod, some books, some kids, some food.....uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. If its half as good as I'm imaging it's going to be WONDERFUL!!!
I love you both. Let me know if you need anything.
Love you more than the biggest digger I've been close to that will dig our pool, Love you more than the fruit dip that makes you want to ditch the fruit, love you more than allergy eye relief after a long day.....love you more and more and more...
MOM XXXOOOOXXXXOOOOXXXOOOOXOOOXOOXOOXOOXOOXO

No comments: