Sunday, January 30, 2011

This week 24-30th of Jan 2011

Put out the Valentine's Day stuff...and replaced pretzels in the HOT TAMALE jar back with hot tamales. Had to abandon the hot tamales a while back because I LIKE THEM TOO MUCH...upon taking photo...hoping to heck I did not single handedly eat these down this far, because it WAS filled to the top...
LOVING the new hutch and it's "holiday" space.

REALLY ENJOYED the unexpected ALL DAY LONG snow storm on Tuesday that kept us all in...and my sewing machine humming...this will be the new Valentine's Quilt. Sam and Spencer were sick so I loaded up on DVD's at Blockbuster and we had a LOVELY LOVELY stay at home movie fest for the day...we watched Secretariat, The Guardians, Creation, RED (again)...It was kind of like the Saturday you always dream about, but never happens because there is too much to do...here's hoping it happens again soon!!!

I GOT CALLED TO JURY DUTY!!! I report Feb. 7th. Not so sure I would be a good juror. I will err on the side of MERCY. Unless of course you happened to have messed with my children....then, Heaven help us all. Will be interesting.

Still working on the weight. Yep, even as I sit here sipping on my Pero, heavy on the Irish Cream and wondering if the boys ate all the vanilla oreo's last night...accepting all prayers in my behalf. Swimsuit season is coming. My favorite new rationalization seems to be "You are 47. You look FINE..you are NOT 20 anymore...NO ONE CARES EXCEPT YOU." Amazing how many times that can surface in my brain in a day's time.

Nana has come to my mind several times this week...each time we are in her trailer eating Ritz crackers with a hunk of sharp cheddar cheese and grape jelly on top. The Price Is Right is on the TV. Odd how memories are triggered...and I ALWAYS wonder WHY. I was going to pull her up on my genealogy program to see if it was her birthday or if we are near some other important of her life events, when I realized I don't have it loaded ANYWHERE. I wondered then about GGDad Arthur who I never remember knowing...guess I'll work on that later today.

Megan and Don have been car shopping every second that Megan is available which isn't very often...the joy of youth. That girl has just a few too many things on her plate. Missing her. Michael went up to visit Josh this weekend and I was dang glad of it. I am so not loving Josh being in Logan. Growing pains. Spencer did NOT get his mission call but it seems to be in almost every other thought I think. This Wednesday maybe??? Actually, forget the weight prayers...focus on ME and WHERE he goes....as I watched him play his intramural basketball game this week I was struck again at how he really is a MAN and not my little boy. Same with Sam. The basketball games have been fun, yet awakening to how few we have left before they are off and I have NO games to go to......I will find games. I will MAKE them play city until I die??? My saddened brain has no reasoning skills at the moment.