Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WHY I GO TO CHURCH

This is WHY. It's my weekly kid fix. I have thought LONG and HARD about WHY I GO...many times actually. 3 hours is just so DANG LONG for little guys (WAIT...and for ME!!!)! Even though I'd change a few things if anyone would let me (like 2 hours MAX), I am grateful that they get the foundation here that there IS A GOD and that they have HEAVENLY PARENTS who are crazy mad in love with them and a Savior who realized they WILL make mistakes. A Savior who encourages us to hurry to say we are sorry and get back on our way to loving. And being loved...that feels BESTEST. Okay, so sometimes there are things taught that make me feel a little crazy and it doesn't feel so loving...so yep...I just take the parts I like. I LIKE Primary. (see the little girl in the pink in the middle? She is dead asleep...no one dared move her and she just slept through all that noise and playing and treats....)

2 comments:

MontelloOffGrid said...

In my mind, to wake anyone is a crime against humanity, unless you have a damn good reason. Sleep is that high up on my list and is second only to waking up naturally. Good for you to let her sleep through the "fun" and the treats and all the other things that will soon become so important that she isn't allowed to sleep through them anymore.

BTW, 3 hours of most ANYTHING is two hours too many....especially if it's focused around lessons about an alien who lives on a glass planet in a distant solar system who is voyeuristically watching and keeping track of every little mistake we make, while being married to many of his own sisters....you know, that man in the clouds we call Dad)....

SWEET DREAMS!

Miss Megan said...

My mom has always said that a primary calling is the greatest you could have in church....No politics, no deep doctrine. You learn the basic principles of the gospel (ie: Jesus loves ME) and then you sing about them. :)

I have my hang-ups with the church, but I agree...the basics are really what its all about. And AMEN on the 2 hours max. It's the perfect amount of time...Think about it - a 15 minute sacrament meeting where you give ward announcements, sing a hymn, and pass the sacrament. Then break to a 45 minute gospel essentials class (a few people in my ward could stand to take this again) and then do an hour long singing time or Relief Society. YES, I have it all figured out! Pick me, pick me! LOL.

Thanks for sharing Natalie! :)