Monday, July 22, 2013

 
 
Hey Guys!!
 
First off I just want to say.. I miss my brother Spencer.. Second off I want to say thank you so much for all of the post I was able to receive this week! I received the package finally, and a few letters from dad and then a few other friends! It was so nice to know that I am loved! 
 
This week was way busy! We did service every single day because the weather is so nice! One of the ladies we are working with is named Gene.  Her husband just died in April, and so we shared with her the plan of salvation, and we are going back to visit her tomorrow again.  Pray for her please!! Also, a cool member in the ward who is 19, her boss is wanting to get to know us better, and her name is Elaine, so please pray for everything to go well with her!  Jay came to church again, however, he is not ready to commit to really anything right now further than going to church. It's frustrating because of how much he loves church, and how much he feels safe and included and I know that he knows the church is true.  We will continue to work with him and expect a miracle to happen!
 
I finally got my bike fixed, only for my chain to completely snap a day later haha it was ridiculous. But It's totally fine, and I will be fixing it again later today. 
 
On Friday I got over my biggest fear! I don't know if you guys remember but I can't stand snakes.. everything about them used to drive me crazy. Well there is a member in our ward that owns, and breeds over 200 snakes!! They will have over 500 next year! pretty crazy.  Some of them are massive.  Before we ate the meal for dinner, they said that I could only eat if I held one of the snakes.  I was pretty hungry so I had to hold one! I actually loved it! Snakes are so rad and so misunderstood! (sorry that's the cheesiest thing I've ever said ever.) But I love snakes now! I held like 3 or 4, one of them being over 20 pounds. 
 
Elder Pauly got a call from president this week, president asking him if he wanted to stay or leave for his last transfer.  He said he wants to stay in Eastwood, which means that I'm leaving on August 7th.  I'm way sad about it but I know that I will love anywhere that I serve if I'm truly serving.  It's amazing how much you grow to love the people that you serve.  Serving your enemies is truly one of the wisest peices of advice I've ever heard for someone. 
 
Family I love you so much. All is well. Enjoy the pics of the snakes!!
 
Take Care,
 
Elder Harris!

No comments: