Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter from Sam

Family!!
 
Pretty sick week! On monday we visited an awesome less active lady named enkyta (en-hu-ya) from Mongolia, and she straight away told us that she has a strong testimony, but the reason she doesn't come to church is the lack of fellowship she's received. In her very terrible english she said something so simple and so profound 'More than a reminder about religion, I need to have friendship in the church' At the end of the day it's a covenant between yourself and god when it comes to going to church, but fellowship makes such a huge difference in people's attitudes towards the church. 
 
Tuesday I was in the hardest rain of my life! I'm not kidding when I say that the rain drops were almost as big as golf balls, and coming down so hard! It was a blast though and we were playing in the rain for a bit.  We're now working with 5 less actives, and we had appointments with 3 of them on Tuesday.  I love assiting the lord in rekindling the fire in people's testimonies.
 
Thursday at 12 Elder Pauly and I decided that we were not going to go back inside the flat until we found someone and taught them a lesson, with a return appointment.  It came to about 6:30, and we were both starving and exhausted, talked to every person we saw, and absolutely nothing came out of it.  We had no idea where to go.  I remembered a scripture in 1 Nephi, when Nephi goes down into Jerusalem, not knowing before hand what he should do.  So we just decided to be like Nephi and just start walking.  We entered on a street after about 15 minutes of walking, and this street had probably 50 doors.  Elder Pauly looks at me and says "Are we going to knock on all of these" I kind of jokingly, but mainly serious said "It only takes one" so we walked down the street and lo and behold an awesome lady named Dawna, single, 25 years old, let us in her back yard, and we taught her the restoration.  The spirit was definitely there, and she felt it.  We have a return appointment for tuesday, and our goal was acheived! It truly was a miracle.  A testament that when we are about to give up, and decide to keep going anyways, that's when a miracle happens.  I am so grateful for the lord directing us to Dawna.
 
Jay Clay came to church again, we spoke with Jean about the gospel, being really bold and she doesn't seem to bothered, but we're still trying! so as of right now we are teaching Jay, and Dawna, and less-actives.  I'm extremely grateful that the past week and a half we have been busy and working really hard.  Not much else to report. My bike actually works extremely well, I took it into the shop, explaining to the guy what happened, and he only charged me £5 for the whole job to be fixed. Sweet guy.  my last full week in Eastwood is very sad, but I'm not going to dwell on it much. I have loved my time here, but I am needed somewhere else as well! I love you guys! thanks for the e-mails! Have a good week, keep me in your prayers as I keep you in mine!
 
LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU.
 
Elder Harris.

No comments: