Monday, December 2, 2013

Love from Sam 2 Dec 2013

Once again, not a lot of time this week! I'm sorry!
 
We had a good week though, and had a really cool miracle!
 
On Monday our ward mission leader took us to T.G.I. fridays, I totally felt like I was back home, it was the first time I've been to a sit down restaurant with a waiter and everything since I've been on my mission, and it was AMAZING haha our ward mission leader is amazing! a 23-year old return missionary who served in scotland/ireland, and he understands missionary work like no one I've met before. 
 
Tuesday we spent a lot of times visiting less actives, and had a good lesson with Luke, at this point on Tuesday he was still golden..(keep reading)
 
Wednesday we taught a guy called Albert for the first time, a massive chinese guy who is amazing. He said the most heartfelt prayer and after he said, "wow I feel so much hope!" it was super cool and he is pretty golden.  Gifty is frustrating to teach, but I love her sooo much! she 100% knows this is exactly what she needs to do, but just won't come to church. She is so close. closer than anyone I've taught on my mission, and we're not sure at the moment what else she needs to come closer to Christ. We would love your prayers for Gifty! the sweetest woman from Ghana. 
 
Thursday Luke came to Institute with the YSA and loved it. It was an amazing lesson on Mosiah 14-16, Abinadi being awesome and testifying of the atonement. The spirit was really strong. Abinadi might be my new favorite person. He truly understood the plan of salvation, especially that through the atonement, it didn't matter whether they killed him or not, as long as he was declaring god's word, he would be saved.
 
Friday we picked up 2 new Chinese investigators who also said some sweet prayers. hearing a chinese person pray for the first time has maybe been my favorite part of the mission so far. We're so lucky we've had the knowledge our whole lives that we can talk to god, and that he does answer our prayers because he loves us so much.
 
Saturday we met with luke.. more background about Luke, his dad is a Preacher for the Pentacostal Church in Romania, and Luke had called his dad the day before, to let him know that he was converting LDS, and his dad was extremely upset, to the point to where he might be disowned if he joins the church.  We shared Alma Chapters 20, and 22. (King Lamoni and his father) and basically emphasized that through Luke living the gospel, his father will see that he has improved as a young man and a servant of god.. He told us that he could not be baptized on the 7th of December, and I was prompted to ask, "Luke, would Jesus Christ want you to be baptized?" and he said, "That would be the question to ask." and I was prompted to ask him to pray with us, right then and there if he needed to. so Elder Debeikes, Luke and I knelt down and first Elder DeBeikes offered a prayer at Luke's request, and then Luke started praying in Romanian. after the prayer we knelt in silence for about a minute or two, to where Luke said, " If I pass my baptismal interview, I will get baptized on the 7th." I cannot explain how strong the spirit was. Easily stronger than I have ever felt in my life. Throughout the rest of my life I'm sure I will have doubts about some concept of the church, but I will never be ever to deny the feeling of the holy ghost that was with us on Saturday, the 30th of November 2013. and that this gospel is the way for us to be happy. We NEED your guys prayers for Luke to stay strong this week, as he will be getting so much grief from his family for making this decision. I'm so proud of him, and this has been one of the most special experiences of my life teaching him. dare i say it.. more special than the state championship week. Never thought anything could compare haha but this honestly does. I love being a missionary! I love you guys so much! have an awesome week.
 
As for the Christmas package goes.. just go for it! haha I'm not picky, and I will make sure that I treat myself this Christmas, for you guys!
 
Elder Harris.
 
P.S. burrrrrrrrrr

No comments: