Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dad asked me to post his letter here this week....

Hey son, He is risen! And because of Him, we will all be resurrected! And those of us that do our best to be His disciples and follow Him and keep our covenants (and repent a lot ;-)) will all be rewarded with life eternal. I’m sure you’re enjoying teaching of the Savior, his atonement and the hope we have in his forgiveness, mercy and resurrection. I’m so happy you’re able to devote 6.5 days a week to bringing happiness to the people of Arusha – teaching of the Lord and His gospel principles and the role that making and keeping covenants plays in our happiness. My prayers are with you. How’s your week? How was Easter in Arusha? How are your investigators doing? How was zone conference? Sorry you won’t be getting conference. Too bad – it was great. In case you want to print a talk or two, I’ll attach a few links that I think will most interest you. Actually, now that I think about it, if you have access to the net, you can get on the church’s site and look yourself. http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1032,00.html I’m so happy to hear you got to go to the falls at Mt. Meru – I’ll bet that was a beautiful trip, but sorry about the sore bottom. Can you print anything at the Internet cafe? Is it tons better for me to put these messages on a blog? If so, I’ll either ask Mom to put it on her’s or I’ll create a blog specifically for your messages. This week was good, except the weather was mostly rainy and cold. Today on Easter Sunday it’s been blue skies and sunshine and nice shirt sleeve weather. The yard is starting to turn green and the leaves are appearing on the trees. Michael came for Easter today and joined the rest of the family, so the 6 of us spent most of the day together. Meg’s busy planning her next cruise, Michael’s busy learning about the security system sales, Spencer got the job at the golf course a few days ago – he’s very excited and so are mom and I. He’s busy with school, friends and golf. Sam is busy with school, friends and baseball. He had 3 games this last week, and they won 1, but really should have won 2. He’s not hitting great yet, but he’s pitching and fielding well from 3rd base. I’m really looking forward to your letter tomorrow – the longer and more news, the better. ;-) Please answer my questions for me. Have a fun, productive, happy week! And let us know what we can do for you! I love you son, Dad President Monson’s address – Be of Good Cheer - http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-28,00.html (A great talk about faith and being happy in times of adversity) Elder L. Tom Perry - Bring Souls Unto Me - http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-34,00.html(missionary work – serving with members to help bring people to Christ) Elder Holland’s talk – None Were With Him - http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-27,00.html(a great talk on the Savior and how he helps us all through tough times, especially directed to those who feel alone) Elder Neal L. Anderson – Come Unto Him - http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-24,00.html(the newest member of the council of the 12 apostles – come unto Christ)

No comments: