Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GrandDad

A quick update. GrandDad sounds older and very tired on the phone. He's mad at Olive for leaving him yesterday to go to Detroit with her sister whose 90 year old husband had surgery( I guess they wouldn't preform the surgery in Canada, so they came State side--I have no idea what the surgery was for). They had new snow all day yesterday...so, I guess we aren't alone in the whole spring is NEVER coming thing. He is on iron and it is making him nauseated. He hasn't had a nose bleed in 5 days (i think its been more like 8). The blessing of all of this is that the girl still comes for him while he showers twice a week and another gal comes 3 days to help strengthen his legs, and Olive goes on Sundays....so I FEEL REALLY GREAT about everything that happend...it just gives me peace of mind to have people actually IN HIS HOUSE TALKING to him on almost a daily basis. I know he likes it too whether or not he admits it. In the book FEELINGS BURIED ALIVE NEVER DIE...a book that talks about how our psychology becomes our biology...it states that nose bleeds probable cause is a need for recognition--feeling unrecognized and unnoticed...crying out for love. Seems like a perfect match to me...and now, he gets extra attention WHERE he wants it...at home.
Call him when you get a chance K?

No comments: