Monday, April 20, 2009

Letter from Josh 20 April 2009

Hey Fam! So i dont have any crazy story this week, wish i did, but i dont. and the blood didnt make me feel sick at all. although i got an e-mail from Shraderbabe telling me i probably got AIDS from it. She oesnt understand the amount of protection God gives to his missionarys, although i will be more carefull about blood stuff for now on. Silvia, Anita and Steve were baptized on saturday and confirmed yesterday. I absolutely love that family! I tracted in to them one of my first days here in Arusha andit has been great to see them come so far and grow so muh closer to Christ ad to see them gain a testimony of Joseph Snith and the book of mormon. it never ceases to amaze me just how much our religion hinges on Joseph SMith and the Book of Mormon, it truly is the key stone of our religion. As far as other investigators go, Steve and Faiza are planning their wedding so that they can be baptized and Julius (the masai guy) is coming along but we didnt get to see him this week cause his son had his apendix removed on the day we were suppose to meet with him. Those are our only serious investigators right now, we need to drop a few of the others and do some finding, but all is going well. Dad wanted to know what i have been studying. so for my morning studies i always stay in preach my gospel and the scriptres that it refers me too, and i read EVERY scripture it refers me too. sometimes it takes a few days to read through the list, but it is worth it. i just finished the section about recognizing the spirit and am working my way through Book of Mormon section now. But then i also read from the scriptures each night since we are generally in by dark. I have read through the Book of Mormon, The New Testiment, The Book of Mormon again, and i am now reading the Old Testiment. i finished Genesis saturday and am just starting Exodus. I also make time to study anything mom or dad has shared with me in their letters. so you can be sure i will study about Justice and Mercy this week.I love you all and i wish the best for all of you! i hope work and school and everything is going well. Spencer, hang in there with school bud, and remember tat grades equals scholarships, i know homework sucks cause i have done a lot of it, but its better to do the homework than to have to pay your way through school. Love,Elder Harris P.S. Greg the popcorn challenge doesnt quite cut it, maybe you should incrase it to 3 bags and it might be close to equal.P.S.S. Jake, i started reading your e-mail in an english accent outloud cause i couldnt do one in my head and everybody at the cyber started to laugh and stare at me. you will be happy to know that i finished the whole thing aloud though. my comp was pretty mad.P.S.S.S. Chad, i am glad you are having a great time. i wish you all the best wether you get transfered or not!

No comments: