Sunday, June 28, 2009

Richard is home from South Africa XXOOXX

Okay...so Richard arrived at the airport last night at 10pm, was released and spoke to High Council at 8am this morning and then spoke at our 9am Sacrament meeting!!! Pooooooor BOY! We had our welcome home lunch at Bean's right after and you can tell he feels overwhelmed...I would have wished him another week home before all the hoopla...but no going back now. He has a bit of an accent and we love to hear him talk. It made me miss you like crazy Josh. You will have been gone 34 weeks Tuesday. I swore I wasn't going to count this time but I can't help it...I just DO and I just KNOW...
You can see that it's been a full week...and this week will be as well with Jeremy's move to Logan and the 4th of July coming up.
Spencer and Sam both play in a golf tournament tomorrow at Cascade. Dad will be home all week. Megan is officially back at her condo and being social with OTHERS. ;) Michael is working and playing full time. He still thinks he need more of a social life. Today at Richards welcome home lunch Dad looked around at all the great girls there and said "well, this is a target rich event for Michael." I laughed.
Sister Nauman gave a GREAT lesson in sharing time today. She had the kids sit at her feet ---she said that if they would be very still she would make raisins dance all by themselves in this glass without her touching it. They go quiet FAST. She first poured water in the cup, then baking soda, then the raisins, then the vinegar....and the vinegar reacted with the other stuff and made the raisins go to the top of the glass and then the air bubbles would pop and they would fall back down making it looked like they were dancing. Then she talked about Alma 32 and experimenting on the WORD of GOD . And that if you wanted to have faith you had to do your OWN experiment...but first, you had to get quiet in your mind and heart, then you had to WANT
to have faith, then you needed to read your scriptures so you could come to know him, then finally the experiment ends when you pray and you can FEEL the raisins/faith dancing in your heart. SO GOOD. SHORT and SWEET... a good reminder to us all. I especially liked the getting quiet part...
I have 2 new clients and I am excited to get going with them this week. I also want to finish up some unfinished quilts and read my new book and lay in the sun for a bit and watch the boys golf....and I can't WAIT to get my e-mail from you. You oK?
Diana told me at church today that she LOVED getting her note from you...you are such a GOOD thoughtful son...THANK YOU!!!
I love you. I love you more than sunshine after a weeks rain, I love you more than losing 10 pounds in a week, I love you more than hot krispy kremes when I haven't had them for months....I love you MORE and MORE and MORE....
Mom XXXOOOOXXXOOOOOXXXOOOOXXXX










No comments: