Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lovey...the weeks are going faster for me now...I am smiling as I think that it is the 40th week that it actually occurs---and how God often uses 40 in the scriptures for testing--Noah and the rain, the Savior and fasting...
I have to admit that your last letter relaxed my heart. I FELT your love for the work, the people and the plan. How I wish I could have seen you bless that baby! Even if you can't spell it right, please try to spell the baby's name for me phonetically. ONE DAY...ONE DAY...you will get to bless a grandbaby for ME!!!!
Everyday I've wondered if THIS is the day you are traveling and wondering WHERE you are being sent...and in the morning I will know. I think most mom's probably have a "thing" about knowing WHERE their children are. Even if it is just a name of a place on a map.
Ok....SWEETEST news of the week...Debbie Hulsey is pregnant!!!! It made me dance in the kitchen when I found out! She will share with me...and her babies are always SO BEAUTIFUL and snuggy!!! Sister Southard is pregnant as well...and Tricia is really starting to pop out there. The next few months will be so fun to anticipate. Everytime I am with those Hulsey girls I just want to make them a few years older so ONE of them could marry one of you boys...
GrandDad Steadwell got an offer on the farm, I doubt he will take it, and he doesn't have to financially so whatever he ends up doing will be fine. My only hope is that I can get him to go live somewhere during the winter. Preston and I will be going to visit him to get in more wood and clean the house and do whatever other fix it jobs we find. We are still figuring out the dates of when to go. He sounds more frail and tired on the phone. It is hard on me to have him so far away. But we have all seen how hard it is on him to be here, so, happiness rules....
I've been busy with Real Estate this week. But my favorite day was Friday when Jamie and I celebrated her birthday--we hit a few quilt shops and then FEASTED at Red Lobster--Josh, you would have laughed and LOVED to have joined in with us. We totally glutted ourselves. I LOVE that about being with Jamie!!! We had onion ring appetizers, double pina coladas, coconut shrimp, french fries, salad...and these biscuits that were heaven in your mouth!!! When you come home, we are SO GOING!!! I could hardly believe that it's been there for all that time and I'd never been! Know what I love about Jamie? I can tell her the meaniest naughtiest things I've ever done and she just LOVES me and laughs and still makes me feel like I am one of the best people ever to hit the planet...she likes me. Then tonight I went for a long walk with Karie Cooper and its just the same. She loves me no matter what. I am such a blest woman to have such amazing friends. It was a week for friends...JaLee had her birthday so we went to dinner at Carrabas...I wish for all my children a life filled with friendships that last for 26 plus years....

Our weather has been freakishly COOL...like the high yesterday was 70 and today 72!!! The smell of autumn is in the air and it is just NOT TIME...I NEED some more summer and sunshine.
Paul Olsen gets married this Firday and so does Esther Udall.
To top off a friend filled week...yesterday was a dream day. I started with a 12 mile run down the canyon with Marci Palmer (you will meet her when you get home--HAPPY, ANGEL Woman!!) showered, went to Lindon Days parade with Megan and Lydia (florida friend's daughter who stayed the night. Then Megan Powell--Braiden's sister who works at Lehi block called to tell me about a killer deal on the pavers I wanted for the front walk that I had given up on...we went, we got!!!!! Then dad took us all to lunch and then we decided SPONTANEOUSLY to just go to a movie RIGHT THEN (ok---so you kNOW how much I LOVE to just be spontaneous and how it RARELY happens around here) and we did!!! ALL OF US!!! yea...so pretty much just a dream day...excepting that you weren't there. But when I started to feel alittle funky about you not being there...I had the sweetest feeing come over me that even if you had had your choice, you would have picked doing exactly what you were doing. SO...not sure what happend for you Saturday...but thinking all must be well in your world.
I hope so.
I LOVE YOU!!!
WE love you.
Tell me everything!!! Meet me in my dreams...I'll be floating on a lounger in the middle of Lake Sante Fe in Melrose....
XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXX

No comments: