Sunday, August 2, 2009

To my Josh... XXXOOOXXX

Hi Lovey...it was a crazy busy week but I didn't take any pictures.
About two weeks ago Spencer got a speeding ticket for going 30 in a 25 out by the Fox Hollow golf course on his way home. Then Dad got one while we were in Boise...and now I have made it the perfect "3-some". I was 6 over on the Artic Circle road on the way to state. I deserved it. Plenty of times I've gone faster than that. Just ironic that I got it while hurrying to Little Caesar's Pizza to help Norene out of a crunch...after their cousins wedding on Thursday people just came and crashed at her house and they hadn't eaten---she was leaving for vacation the next morning so she didn't have anything in the house...I was over helping her trim a lilac before the reception that night. So....trying to be a good doobie I said"just let me do this for you"...and on the way I get a ticket. SO....traffic school for me. THANK HEAVENS for traffic school!!! Poor Dad won't have that opportunity. It is weird how things come in threes at times.

We spent Monday and Tuesday nights helping Bean's with the yard. Wednesday I got a great home under contract with the Sorenson's in Alpine on Jamie's same street (Pfeifferhorn) and spent alot of time getting that all settled.

Thursday night I went up Sundance to a friend's cabin were I stayed until last night (I came down Saturday to take my long run, but that was all). We all had a LOVELY time!!! Everyone there was a vegetarian or a raw foodist--raw foodists only eat raw fruits, vegies and nuts...Except for ME of course...but I was truly surprised at how wonderful our meals were. I know it will take time, but I hope to incorporate a few of their recipes into our dinners. I lucked out by being assigned breakfast and a snack...so I just served lots of different kinds of fruits with yogart, and bought this funky "manna" bread that they don't cook at the health food store and served it with this almond butter stuff from the health food store too. Have to admit my chest got tight and I started to sweat when I saw some of the sprouts and eggplant and stuff in there...had plenty of MOM flash backs and wanted to scream "Listen people, get me OUT of here...I BELONG in Krispy Kreme!!!!!" Bet it made Mom laugh....never could do her healthy regimes happily. I wish I had taken pictures of the food...some of the salads were as tasty as they were gorgeous. And this fresh pesto spread they put on lettuce leaves and a strange cracker was SO yummy...AND this one gal made this "Spanish" millet mix that you put on lettuce or spinach or those crackers, and I promise...you kids would have liked it!!!
The most fun part of our time together up there was how eclectic we were...some Mormons, some of the Rudolf Stiener and Robert Powell philosopy, a native american medicene woman in training, Catholic, and some of no religion or particular persuasion. Our conversations were rich and fascinating and thought provoking and mind inspiring and SWEETEST of all to me...no condemnation--judgement only as a comparison. I can't imagine it ever having happend this one time...but I am definitely going to put it my thoughts to have it happen again. We talked everything from world and national politics to religion, philanthropy, gardening, travels, family backgrounds...I do believe that REAL CONVERSATION may be my favorite part of living on this planet. I could not breathe in enough of their differences or incredible thoughts. And I am SO EXCITED for my new BOOK lists I have...so many different kinds of interests.

Saturday was Carol's Memorial in Gainesville with many of my GHS friends. I REALLY struggled as to whether I would go. First I decided to just do it...but then it didn't sit right so after a week or so I finally-- to my dismay decided to NOT go...and then this retreat came along. I have NO DOUBT that that is where Carol would have had me...and I wouldn't be surprised if she arranged it for me. She was on my mind throughout the whole day. I would have LOVED to have had her voice welded with ours.

I came home late last night instead of staying thru today...just wanted to be home...even as wonderful as it was. I have been trying really hard to listen to my inner voice. I listened right. I got sick about 2 am with a headache and terrible diarrhea...it's now 8 at night and I am still not feeling so great. I had put a roast in the crock pot around 6 am and then the dang smell of it has made me nauseous all day. Normally I love the house filled with yummy cooking things.

Spencer has golf try outs tomorrow. He and Sam went on the Priest overnight-er up to Bro. Southard's cabin on Friday night, Michael went to Idaho to the Woodhouse's cabin and Megan went to Vegas....so Dad was all alone for 2 days...AT HOME...weird for him...but I had to smile as I am on my last mile on Saturday and he comes up the canyon riding his bike....
Dan and Traci Stone blessed baby Morgan today--I was sad to miss it. This was Donovan's last week in our ward--one of his siblings is having him move in with them to help his folks since Sister Gilles has MS. I will miss him. When everyone is off doing their duties and I am alone in the pew Donovan has been my buddy.

It has been an unseasonably cool summer. I am surprised that the jack be little pumpkins are already turning orange...everything is producing in the garden now. One thing my mom taught me was a love for tomatoe sandwhiches...and I am in LOVE...fresh from the garden. The chickens still aren't laying. I have a few snakes that have moved into the rocks to the east of the yard, and out front in one of the beds...I just stay carefully away from those areas. I can hardly believe that school will start on the 20th...worse is that this is Spencer's Senior year. UGH!!! My only consolation is that time seems to slow for me with you gone, and as long as that has to be the case I will embrace it to keep Spencer here longer.

Jeff Otterstrom and Zach Hulsey are priests now. Kaylie Bell gets married on the 19th. Still waiting for Michael to decide what he's going to do this semester.
GrandDad has been painting his house. I hope to go up there sometime this fall when the weather cools and the flies aren't so bad. It's sad to have Jeremy and girlies in Logan...now they can't just pop in for dinner. Don't hear much from GrandDad Broadhurst...think he and Kris must be hot again.

I'm sorry about the pictures. I'll make it up to you next week. I LOVE YOU. I MISS YOU. You know I think of you all the time. You are prayed for every prayer. Do you need anything else besides Mand M's and deodarant? Sorry I haven't sent it yet...it will be on its way tomorrow afternoon. BIG HUGS and KISSES!!!!!!
Mom XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

No comments: