Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sam is SO Fifteen!!!


Mr. "I Can't stand to spend money", gotta shop at DI, actually asked for an IPOD TOUCH for his birthday...and when this boy asks for ANYTHING I try pretty darn hard to help him get it...and already it has been worth it. Even ME, the mom, thinks this gizmo is FREAKING COOL...no monthly payment and he can facebook and e-mail! It shows music vidoes...YOU probably already know all about it...but I am IMPRESSED. His birthday morning he and Spencer golfed in a tournament at Fox Hollow with the Stake --it was a foursome, Ben Platt and Don Harline. They golfed 10 under...we are still waiting to hear who won. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and even Megan and Michael made it. Last night his friends just kept trickling in and pretty soon it was a full fledged party. I think he had a great day. I am so self centered. I have spent alot of time the last few days thinking how SAD that it has been 15 years since I had my own baby ....15 years!!!!
Michael is officially moved into the GLENWOOD...I'll get pictures for you next week. He is rooming with Matt Matheson, Brad Nichols, Garrett Justice...you can only imagine HOW FUN that is going to be!!! Check out Megan's blog if you can...she is LOVING teaching.
Spencer is tearing it up on the golf course. SO IS SAM...Sam tied for first in qualifying on Thursday. Spencer has such a cushy schedule for his senior year!!! He doesn't have a fourth period AND he has 2 PE classes...he came home the other day after being at the pool for one of the PE classes and laughed and said...I guess I have got some size on me...some of those kids are just BOYS! Made me laugh! One thing is for sure...we build Harris boys THICK.
Hey! Dad went 16 miles on Saturday and ran 14 of them! The farthest he's ever been! I was pretty impressed!
Ted Kennedy died this week and so did Patriarch Matthews (today). I spoke in church today--SO glad that's over. I bet you have to speak ALOT Josh...that would not be my favorite.
I keep thinking about your LONG bus rides and wishing I could get you an IPOD or a shuffle...but that might make you a target for theft huh? I KNOW they are not allowed...just seems CRAZY to have all those hours....just think about me :)
Grand Dad meets with Dr. Donald tomorrow and that will be interesting. Dr. Donald called me this week and told me that GrandDad isn't doing as good as he has been...that he is going to talk to him about his plans for the winter and not traveling on a plane...that his arterial heart disease is bad--he told me he is a walking time bomb. I had e-mailed him that I was thinking about not coming until March when I give him the 90th birthday party, but Dr. Donald said I probably shouldn't wait...to just come sometime soon...then he laughed and said but with your GrandDad he could still be here in 5 years! Anytime ANYONE tries to get GrandDad to make a decision about ANY change he gets all worked up. Lots more little things going on with him as well. I think it is interesting that not long after I go with Preston's philosophy (Taoist) DO NOTHING AND EVERYTHING WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF---or in our scripture...Be still, and know that I am God....Dr. Donald CALLS ME!!!! He even wondered about his Drivers liscene....and I just sat here over 2000 miles away, smiling....
Diana is in Primary with us FINALLY!!! It feels like HOME again. This week Kristina was diagnoised with MS...the same as Ali has. My heart is just broke...but then, if ANYONE were to get it and just deal with it head on and make the best of it...it would be Kristina. I can see her Body Talking herself right OUT of it!!! OR FINDING the CURE!!! I have had the sweetest peace when thinking of it, and surprised at the HOPE I feel connected to it. Keep her in your prayers. No real word on Tiffany Schoell, they removed the cancerous tumor and have started the chemo. Bishop asked us all to specifically send our prayers out in her behalf.
I love you. So do tons of people. Every week people are still asking....and I'm still half smiling and saying "Africa is GREAT!" I pray that the bugs will stay away. I pray that the wierd wildlife will stay away. I pray that you will get yummy food, and have sweet dreams and make amazing friends, and change the world the way you hope to.....I pray for your safety and for your companion to be pleasant and if possible FUNNY....and definetly FLEXIBLE. I pray that you will be able to feel our love all the way to there. I have to admit last Monday was freaky...I imagined ALOT of stuff and spent a fair amount of time on GOOGLE trying to figure out why you might be delayed...SO...did you get counted in the census? SO grateful to hear from you on Wednesday...I KNEW you would KNOW to still get something to me even if it was short. THANK YOU. ANything you need? want? hope for?
Waiting for you in my dreams...lets go somewhere with WATER!
Your momma loves you...and so does your whole dang family!!!
XXXX OOOO MOM OOOOXXXXX

No comments: