Sunday, August 23, 2009

This week...



Hi Lovey!
This was the best I could do for a first day of school picture...NO ONE was going for it. It really does seem like we didn't have much of a summer...but Sam says it was the BEST SUMMER OF HIS LIFE (mostly) because he lived with London, Brady and Tanner at our house our theirs! He made and has already played Varsity for the Timpanogas Golf Team. He is thrilled. Spencer is already in the thick of it as well.
Dave Bean bought this vintage bike and he and Michael and Richard were doing these hysterical things on it--check out Michael's German army helmet. The poor bike could barely move up the street with all 3 on there. Michael still wants a cycle and I keep saying NO. KSL had a news blip the top of the hour last Friday that said 22 motorcyclists had lost their lives in Utah since MAY 22nd of this year!!! I am still holding FIRM with my NO WAY! It's not because of Michael's driving--its because others just don't SEE bikes and when they do get in accidents YOU DIE or are MAIMED--and as a mom I have NO DESIRE To spend my old age hood tending to a impaired child. There. I'm done.
A chicken has finally started laying...wish the other 4 would kick in. I took a picture of my Saturday morning harvest. I loved all the colors together...and thought you might be missing the "chicken bowl" :)
Michael's book group read CS Lewis' the GREAT DIVORCE and had to go to Los Hermanos to "discuss"...thought you might like seeing some of these guys.
Great news for Dave Chester!!! THey moved his MTC date UP a month and he will now go in Sept.16 and his farewell is the 13th. I am so happy for him, it was too long to wait. GO to his facebook if you get a chance it reads something like"Yea, I know there are other farewells that day, but come on, you've heard the rest, now come hear the BEST!"Gotta love that boy.
Instead of regular church meetings today they had the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication. Has made for a nice lay around the house day. Michelle and boys are coming for dinner.
I went to traffic school this week for a speeding ticket. I never WANT to go...but then I'm always glad I did. Such a great reminder. All those local accident pictures really get to me.
It has been rainy and windy and my allergies are tearing me up--my eyes can barely stand my contacts, I may have to rip them out after this post and wear my glasses for a few days. Do you allergies bug you there? You haven't said anything to me about them.
Kaylie Bell's wedding was gorgeous. Her reception was at the Bungalow--George Durrant did the sealing and I think it was one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL sealings I've ever heard. On a sad note, Ben and Kimberly Cooper are getting a divorce. You can imagine how hard that is on everyone involved.
Went to see this movie 500 Days of Summer where the writer reversed the male/female roles and it was SO INTERESTING!! It was an independent film that I think will do WELL. Dad also took me to Red Lobster for dinner and the biscuits there are DELICIOUSSSSS as Elle would say.
I had coconut shrimp and thought I'd gone to heaven!
Can't wait for morning! I love to wake early and have your mail here when I get back from my run! Any bus rides this week? Did you get our package yet? Is it the rainy season? What tradition do they have there for when you have been out a year?
LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU.....miss you. MISS YOU BIG!
xxxoooxxx MOMxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxooo

1 comment:

Kath said...

In the picture with the three fellows on the motorcycle; Michael sure looks like Don J. I thought he was my brother at first glance. Amazing.

Love you, Kath