Sunday, July 11, 2010

Butterfly Release at Camp

This was one of the activities I was in charge of with the girls at camp...It was the culminating activity for the Stake. Our theme was a HEART LIKE HIS...and we focused on what changes needed to take place within us to be more like the Savior. As I was trying to come up with an activity, I was researching Butterflies since they make such a pronounced CHANGE in their metamorphosis. While I was googling Butterflies...this banner popped up on my screen that read Butterfly RElease....I kept clicking until I found the WONDER and BLISS of this service this company provides. Astonishing HUH??? They send you LIVE Butterflies that have NEVER flown before in these envelopes (see it in the back ground? It's yellow...AND they printed the theme A HEART LIKE HIS on each envelope...SO COOL). Anyway...I couldn't afford one for each girl, but we got one for every TWO girls...it was one of the highlights of my camp experiences. I wish I had a picture of farther away so you could see them all a flight in the air...it was WONDROUS!!!! I hope to have an occasion to do it again. Even if they don't remember much about the theme or camp itself...its hard to forget the day you were apart of launching 150 butterflies!!!!!! Made a difference to MY HEART xxooxx And I really LOVE that we "littered" the camp with all those butterflies just so they could go out and produce MORE...what was already a heavenly place is just a bit more heavenly.



No comments: