Sunday, July 11, 2010

LOVIES...


Michael...it's ALMOST your BIRTHDAY!!!! I have THE most HANDSOME 23 year old son on the planet on Tuesday. I wish you were here...we'd dunk you in the pool and then let you have it for a screaming party:) And eat lots of cake of course. We'll make it up to you when you get home. Do you have an ABOUT date of when you think you'll be here?

JOSH!!!! So you want us to come...I am still nervous. Do you have your release date so we can kind of know when to plan around if we can? And do we need to get there AFTER your release date or can we come a little early:) [can't fault a Mom for trying]? I understand about not meeting the families...I would NEVER want to make it a hardship for them. What are some of YOUR ideas for IF we come? I am pretty sure you'd want to do a couple day Safari...but what else? Any other cities or just stay mostly in Nairobi...or have us go to Arusha? Let us know.

Greg survived his week in Sin City and (as you can see) and came right over and was one of the first to SWIM LAPS in the FREEZING POOL!!!! Sir Studly. Took me back to your swim meets. One of Sam's friends wore your swim meet speedo to a party the other night and they about had to throw him out. Makes me smile.

The delays in the pool have me feeling like Santa has cancelled Christmas a few times now. I can be so juvenile. But truly...I can hardly WAIT!!! We COULD go in, but the water is FREEZING..and will be until late this next week...SO, I am working on my patience skills. It is so beautiful to me. I am thrilled just looking out the window at all that BLUE water!!! I can already FEEL the sweet relaxing memories we will make there. I got this PERFECT rubber duck thermometer at the Pool store. (the temp is up to 68 degrees without the heater!)I was RELIEVED that there wasn't much else in there I wanted to buy...I know I'm not a shopper other than the book store..but I had this gut instinct that maybe I could like a pool shop. Nope. They didn't have the stuff I thought they would. It could actually be a whole new business for me:) I was thinking of ALOT of things that would make the pool just even MORE exciting!!!!

I hadn't calculated the mess the slag would bring. I am hesitant to have too many people over until we get the landscaping back in place. All those little gravel rocks could be killer on the vinyl.

I ran the canyon yesterday...and as I was coming down South Fork I could barely breath it was so spectacular as the sun was coming up...I was running with Marci and for a few moments as if on cue we both just got quiet to soak it all in. Its times like those I want to MAKE all of you BE WITH ME all of the time so you don't miss those moments. And then I think about the moments I am missing with YOU in Africa and Alaska....take it ALL IN boys...and remember all the details so you can tell me. AND TAKE PICTURES!!! When we got to the top of South Fork there were 2 wild dogs protecting a rotten deer carcass...it was scary...we backed away slowly and they didn't chase us. I had my car key tied in my shoe laces, so even if the car had been close I wouldn't have been able to get in fast enough. We laughed at how we are usually afraid of Bear...if its dark when we start we clap our hands every so often as we go so they will stay away (who told us to do this we can not remember??? But even as I write this I am laughing at the absurdity of it...it probably makes them want to FIND us for disturbing their sleep??) Made my heart sad...I wondered if someone just dropped them off...they were obviously starving.

Today is GrandDad B's birthday and Graham's 2nd birthday...we'll celebrate sometime in the next 2 weeks when everyone can come for the POOL hang out. Sam is suppose to leave on the ward TREK on Wednesday and really not wanting to go. We'll see how that goes. Pray accordingly. :) Spencer could use some prayers for more work or a different job.

I love you both. This pool EVENT has me missing you ALOT. MISS ME BACK!!!! Can't wait to hear from you. How is your tour guide this week Michael? I think you should send pics each week...don't you think he should Josh? He should PROVE to us how great the Princess Cruise Line hiring skills are:)

Meet you in my dreams...I'll be swimming laps and making homemade ice cream!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
MOM XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments: