Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Sunday Lovin' and Missing Josh...WEEK 76



Hey Lovey!!!
FINALLY the weather has turned beautiful and Utah is having Spring. I can hardly keep my fingers out of the dirt. So many beds to weed. Weird how when you are a child it is torture to weed but when you are an adult it is sweet medicine to the soul. My "I LOVE YOU" Iris are starting to come up and soon I'll know what colors they are!!! The Holly hocks and black eyed susan's are poking up their green leaves. A FEW tulips survived the deer and are randomly flowering across the yard. The trees are in blossom. Next Spring you will be HOME:) We can take our Zyrtec together:).

Michelle and Bronson came for dinner tonight. (Empanadas and brownie Sunday's---I made homemade Oreo's last night, but I should have known better...there weren't any left by 3 this afternoon) It had been too long since we'd been with them...I was so sad Robert didn't come. I guess he pierced his ears and was embarrassed for us to see. It mostly makes me sad that he doesn't know that we love him more than that. I'm going to have to work on loving him harder so he REALLY KNOWS. Michelle said she told him that now that he's 18 if he is ever in jail not to call her...I told her to tell him he can call ME. Growing up is hard to do. Growing OLD is hard to do...GROWING IS HARD WORK!!! It makes me smile too...when he's older he'll understand that EVERYONE was young once and made decisions other people aren't so crazy about. He's already got his physical man on, now he's putting on his mental and emotional man. He has the PERFECT MOM for that even though she doesn't think she is....YOU HEAR ME MICHELLE??? YOU ARE THE PERFECT MOM FOR HIM!!!!

Miss Utah, yep...Miss Merrifield is speaking at the Stake Youth Fireside tonight. Dad is there of course. Michael and Alec Smith just left to go test drive Alec's new car. Megan is in Vegas YET AGAIN--same friends as last week! Spencer is in the hot tub, Sam is sleeping...and its just you and me right now. HOW ARE YOU?? I saw Diana in Primary today and she said Greg is a little nervous to be the "first" one home without any of the rest of you. Hopefully he'll find a job pretty quick and get busy. If I know Greg he'll come up with a plan to single handedly turn the whole economy around. I am so ready to have that booming voice in MY HOUSE!!! It will mean that yours is not far behind.

Work is good. Weird that Spencer will graduate. He has had a heck of a time finding a job. He fasted today for one...all on his own. Please pray that his prayer is answered quickly. His friends are feeling the imminence of everyone moving on--they are hanging out together every minute they have. It's sweet. I will be heart broken to see yet another set of friends disappear from our lives for 2 years once the calls start. Jeff Harris will leave in July. He should be getting his call SOON. Ray Nelson was just called to Stockholm, Sweden so hopefully he'll get to know Dave and Nathaniel Olsen...

Don't know if you've heard about the ash from the volcano erupting in Iceland...it has paralyzed the London airport. Matt Peterson will have been stuck there a week maybe more before getting out....several missionaries aren't able to make it all the way HOME waiting for things to get figured out....I agree with Matt...he wrote in an email...last I knew planes could TURN...surely they could figure out a different route in less than a week's time. But you never know what will get in your way sometimes. Life can be funny.

I love you. Yep...even more than the ribs that you ate that made you SO HAPPY that made ME SO HAPPY that YOU were SO HAPPY!!!! Have a lovely week. Hope all goes as you hope with the work. Spread that love....
MOM XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOO

No comments: