Sunday, April 25, 2010

SNAKES in my yard, in my rocks, in my flower beds.....

Tuesday I just delcared a ME afternoon when I realized the weather forecast for the rest of the week. I went straight to the yard and was on my way up the hill when snake #1 scared me...In the next hour I went through 6 snakes...screaming each time being so started. These were not BABY snakes, they had a good size on them. I couldn't help but think that even though I can't bear to kill them, if I don't start trying to get rid of SOME of them I will be over run in a few summers. Then I started wondering what they eat....



Being no lover of mice, and KNOWING of their existence in the chicken coop and back shed, I decided I can scream many times in fright (burn a few calories?) if they will just keep those mice under control.

Then I started wondering about the literalness of my seeing so many snakes in ONE short period of time and wondering what snakes symbolize. We all know the bad wrap they get from the whole deceit in the garden of Eden thing, but what really resonated with me was the symbolic meaning I had just learned about a few days before:
The Snake primarily represents rebirth, death and mortality, due to its casting of its skin and being symbolically "reborn".

I really like this...it just felt right when I am sitting in the middle of a thousand new ideas that are so different from the ones I have lived with so far. Ideas that make me itch to shed the old and move on and out of the OLD SKIN with a shiny new one. It is hard to explain how thrilled I am now that I got to see all these snakes. And now to laugh at how scared I was each time...just like my initial reaction to some of my new thoughts!!!

Now HOW ABOUT these gorgeous "tomatoe soup" coneflower plants???? I would have created them too...I was one happy girl to find these...NOT TO PAY THE PRICE THEY WANTED...but I did. And now I have a corner where we will begin the love and care of them until they reproduce and reproduce until I can have a whole mess of them shining in all their deep red glory.

No comments: