Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stake Camp First Aid Clinic

I love young women!!! But first let me say how much I ADMIRE Angie Wood. When the earthquake hits here I hope she is in charge. She can organize chaos like no one I've seen. Angie is a nurse in our stake (Expanded Geographic Neighborhood/about a 3 mile radius?--for those not familiar with Mormon terminology). Over 200 of our 12-18 year old girls who live in our Stake go to camp each year and certify in MANY things, but one being FIRST AIDE. Because their certification in First AIDE is SO HUGE and overwhelming, we hold this Clinic one Saturday before Camp to help the girls get as much of their stuff passed off as possible. It is intense. It is ALOT of information. It is ALOT of work. AND THANK YOU ANGIE...it was FUN!!!! I could have taken a gazillion pictures. The looks of disgust or fascination at the amputation posters pretty much divided us into who we are and what we will do when we grow up!! We started at 8:30 and were done by 1---with many thanks to the older girls who helped so brilliantly. True confession. I didn't want to go. I am SO NOT about blood and guts much less talking about it with young girls. But I am strange. It reminded me of traffic school. I NEVER want to go...but I always end up with this sensation of gratitude for the reminder of the knowledge out there and the realization that if faced with it I can make choices to make any situation BETTER. Angie...you did an AMAZING job. THANK YOU. Girlies, you always make me laugh...and grateful that I never have to do 12-18 again!!!!


No comments: