Sunday, April 11, 2010

Talapia Recipe for Kim....

and for anyone else who wants the BEST darn fish they've ever made at home...or had out for that matter...and I got the recipe off the net...I am pretty much LOVING the recipes on the net...just make sure you type in BEST EVER before what it is you want and then go with the one that has the most stars!!!! What I like about this recipe is that I can double the spread and keep it in the frig for a week or so for a quick fix lunch or dinner. I use the frozen Talapia steaks from Costco...but Spencer won't eat the fish so for him I just put it on a chicken breast that I have precooked/grilled.

BEST EVER BROILED TiLAPIA PARMESAN!!!!
Prep time: 5 minutes/ Cook time 10 minutes? Ready in 15 minutes...I SWEAR This is TRUE!!!!
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 TBLSP Mayonaise
2 TBLSP fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 tsp onion pwd
1/8 tsp celery salt
2 pounds tilapia

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl mix all above ingredients well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil again another 2-3 minutes.
Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2-3 more minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.

No comments: